TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - June 2, 2014) - KWG Resources Inc. (TSX VENTURE:KWG) ("KWG") is pleased to announce the launch of a social media campaign this morning to promote its proposed Ring of Fire Bill to Ontario election candidates and voters. The campaign was launched this morning, will run until election day on June 12 and incorporates the following elements:
- A Search Engine Program Targeting Very Specific and Relevant Terms Pertaining To The Candidates, The Ring of Fire and Northern Ontario.
- An Online Petition Through The World's Largest Petition Platform To Unite and Empower The Voices That Support Our Bill.
- Links To An Online Database Of MPP Candidates By Riding, Containing Their Full Contact Information.
- Social Media Sharing Tools To Help Supporters Take Our Campaign Viral.
Frank Smeenk, President & CEO Of KWG Resources stated, "The Ring of Fire is an economically and socially transformative project that will benefit every citizen and community of Ontario, especially in the North, as well as all Canadians, for many generations. KWG Resources is happy to take a leadership role that helps end the political gridlock by proposing real and achievable solutions. I encourage all Ring of Fire supporters to participate in this process by having your voices heard and helping spread the message to every corner of this country. Together, we will get the Ring of Fire going."
Support The KWG Resources Ring of Fire - Northern Ontario Job Creation Plan
WE NEED YOUR VOTE, YOUR VOICE TO HELP MAKE IT HAPPEN
|"Without a doubt, the value of the Ring of Fire's current and future potential mineral discoveries are in the hundreds of billions of dollars and these multi-generational mines will provide enormous wealth and employment opportunities for the surrounding First Nations communities. This is an economically and socially transformative project that will positively impact not only Ontario's northwestern frontier but the entire country as well."
|Ontario Ring of Fire's Astonishing World-Class Mineral Potential
|Huffington Post, February 18, 2014
THE JOB CREATION PLAN
We Have A Plan To Get The Ring of Fire Going!
After years of political indecision regarding transportation and funding of The Ring of Fire, KWG Resources is taking a pro-active approach by presenting a plan, backed by our own proposed bill, to end the gridlock and start moving the Ring of Fire forward for the benefit of all Northern Ontario communities, the Province and Canada.
HIGHLIGHTS OF OUR PROPOSED BILL
- Ontario already has a Northern Development Corporation. It is the Ontario Northland Transportation Commission (ONTC).
- The principal operating asset of the ONTC is the Ontario Northland Railroad (ONR), which has become starved of freight haulage.
- The discoveries of chromite and nickel in the Ring of Fire could create the potential for much heavy-haulage freight business with which the ONR might become economically viable.
- The ONTC could be governed by residents of Northern Ontario, raise project financing via capital markets to add to heritage infrastructure facilities desired by northern residents of Ontario whose communities it serves.
- This would enable the important participation by those communities, many of which are First Nations.
- This would enable development to be undertaken with the necessary social licence together with the discipline of the capital markets, rather than from the public purse.
WE NEED YOUR VOTE, YOUR VOICE TO HELP MAKE IT HAPPEN
KWG Resources is appealing to three important and distinct groups for their support.
MPP CANDIDATES - KWG Resources invites you, as a 2014 Ontario general electoral candidate, to view the "Northland Development Corporation Act" below and consider passing the proposed bill upon your successful election to the Ontario legislature.
ONTARIO VOTERS - If you are a voter in the upcoming election, especially those in Northern Ontario, reach out to your local candidate ask them to support the "Northland Development Corporation Act" below. Let them know they can count on your vote if they support the proposed Bill.
CANADIANS - Even if you are not a resident of Ontario, we can all agree with the quote above that the development of this economically and socially transformative project will positively impact all Canadians.
TAKE ACTION NOW AND HELP GET THE RING OF FIRE DEVELOPED
1. Call or Email Your Local 2014 Ontario General Election Candidate
2. Sign The KWG Resources Petition For Presentation To The Next Government
3. Get Your Social Networks Involved By Sharing This Page Today
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT OUR PLAN AND PROPOSED BILL
View the Overview Of The Proposed Bill
View the Proposed Bill
View the Proposed Bill PDF
About KWG: KWG has a 30% interest in the Big Daddy chromite deposit and the right to earn 80% of the Black Horse chromite where resources are being defined. KWG has also acquired interests in provisional patents including a method for the direct reduction of chromite to metalized iron and chrome using natural gas. KWG also owns 100% of Canada Chrome Corporation which has staked claims and conducted a $15 million surveying and soil testing program for the engineering and construction of a railroad to the Ring of Fire from Exton, Ontario.
Neither TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements: This Press Release contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties, which may cause actual results to differ materially from the statements made. When used in this document, the words "may", "would", "could", "will", "intend", "plan", "anticipate", "believe", "estimate", "expect" and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Such statements reflect our current views with respect to future events and are subject to such risks and uncertainties. Many factors could cause our actual results to differ materially from the statements made, including those factors discussed in filings made by us with the Canadian securities regulatory authorities. Should one or more of these risks and uncertainties, such actual results of current exploration programs, the general risks associated with the mining industry, the price of gold and other metals, currency and interest rate fluctuations, increased competition and general economic and market factors, occur or should assumptions underlying the forward looking statements prove incorrect, actual results may vary materially from those described herein as intended, planned, anticipated, or expected. We do not intend and do not assume any obligation to update these forward-looking statements, except as required by law. Shareholders are cautioned not to put undue reliance on such forward-looking statements.