RICHMOND, IN--(Marketwire - Oct 16, 2012) - A news conference and demonstration presenting two cutting-edge technologies that will electronically screen all trucks for compliance with state and federal safety, driver credential and weight requirements on I-70 in Indiana, Ohio and Illinois is set for Oct. 19 in Richmond, Ind. This technology provides enforcement officials the information to ensure only safe trucks and compliant drivers are on the road, making travel safer for everyone.
Friday, Oct.19, 2012
10 a.m. briefing followed by a 10:30 a.m. demonstration and media interview availability
Richmond Inspection Facility on I-70. For directions, click here.
Unveiling of new trucking industry and enforcement technologies making safer highways for Indiana, Ohio and Illinois. A real-time demonstration of the 5.9 GHz technology and weigh-in-motion systems for electronically verifying truck and driver compliance with state and federal requirements at highway speed will be provided.
- The Honorable Anne Ferro, Administrator of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
- Jim Poe, Deputy Commissioner, Indiana Department of Revenue's Motor Carrier Division
- Captain Wayne Andrews, Indiana State Police
- Dan Frieden, Executive Vice President, Venture Logistics of Indianapolis
- Chris Murray, President, Kapsch TrafficCom IVHS
- Rick Clasby, President and CEO, HELP, Inc.
Background materials, photography and b-roll are available at http://weighstationevent.com/richmond/media/.