OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Oct. 31, 2012) - Media are invited to the launch of Financial Literacy Month in Ottawa.
The launch in Ottawa will profile financial literacy resources and the organizations that offer them in the region.
|The event will take place:
||November 1st, 2012
||Government of Canada Conference Center (Sussex Room), 2 Rideau Street, Ottawa (use Colonel By entrance)
The event will include the following speakers:
- The Honorable Ted Menzies, Minister of State (Finance)
- Ursula Menke, Commissioner of the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada (FCAC)
- Tom Hamza, President of the Investor Education Fund (IEF)
- Josée Cousineau, Director of Operations at Carrefour Jeunesse Emploi de l'Outaouais
- Tamera Van Brunt, Chair of the Investor Education Committee at the Canadian Securities Administrators, and Director of Communications and Investor Education at the Alberta Securities Commission.
Lucie Tedesco, Deputy Commissioner of FCAC, will act as MC for the event.
More information about Financial Literacy Month is available on FCAC's FLM Web pages.
Representatives of each of the partner organizations will be available to the media following the event.