SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Mar 10, 2014) - RainStor presents "Archive Rules! How to Build an Archive for your Data Warehouse," a webcast featuring RainStor's chief architect, Mark Cusack.
This webcast will be a lively discussion offering sound advice on making a challenging task easier -- how to build a full-fledged archive in order to leverage historical data with continuous, fast access, but without the complexity, cost and compliance headaches that accompany such an undertaking.
Who? Mark Cusack, a founding developer at RainStor since 2004, has long been immersed in data science. Before helping launch RainStor, he was a senior scientist and team lead at QinetiQ, where he researched distributed simulation techniques and developed physics-based models of human behavior to support military training and operations. He also led government and industry projects in the areas of grid and pervasive computing. The holder of a Masters in Computing and a PhD in Physics from Newcastle University, UK, Mark is an avid blogger where he once claimed that he always wanted to be a data archivist.
What? This is an hour-long webcast covering topics including:
- How to build-out the infrastructure to manage today's data volume and expected growth
- Setting up a continuous archive feed to proactively manage your capacity limits
- Optimizing existing data warehouse environments for the purpose of fast analytics against current data
- Avoiding any offline tape archiving which is error-prone, cumbersome and in the long run, costly.
Date: March 12, 2014
Time: 10:00am Pacific / 1:00pm Eastern
Where: Register online at http://pages.rainstor.com/140312RainStorforTeradataWebcast_LP.html
Why? With enterprise challenges around rapid data growth and stringent business demands for query access to history and raw data detail, the data warehouse and BI teams struggle to keep up. Compliance mandates dictate fast access to transaction history that must be held in an immutable store and which further compounds these challenges.
- Archiving is not the same as backup.
- An enterprise archive needs to provide enterprise-grade security for sensitive and high value data.
- An established process and solution for archiving offers significant business benefits around cost, complexity reduction and meeting compliance mandates.
RainStor provides the world's most efficient database that reduces the cost, complexity and compliance risk of managing enterprise data. RainStor runs anywhere; on-premise or in the cloud and natively on Hadoop. Among RainStor's customers are 20 of the world's largest communications providers and 10 of the biggest banks and financial services organizations, which use RainStor to manage historical data, while saving millions. For more info: www.rainstor.com or join the conversation: @rainstor.