SALT LAKE CITY, UT--(Marketwire - Nov 12, 2012) - Brocade (NASDAQ: BRCD)
Brocade leads the industry with its pioneering solutions for software-defined networking (SDN) and flexible Ethernet fabrics. Brocade® VDX® switches and Brocade VCS® Fabric technology are the foundation for building large-scale Ethernet fabrics that address the unprecedented challenges of Big Data and Web 2.0 applications. In addition, OpenFlow-enabled Brocade MLXe Core routers pave the way for the improved network analytics and optimization required for SDN.
At Supercomputing 2012, Brocade will be conducting a variety of live demonstrations featuring products and solutions for the Big Data market and SDN protocols such as OpenFlow. Demonstrations, both in Brocade's booth and in partner booths, will include:
- In Brocade's booth (#1101), demonstrations include a pre-validated, highly scalable Big Data solution with an Apache™ Hadoop® cluster on Brocade VCS Fabric technology, delivering maximum "no touch" scalability and high resiliency. In addition, Brocade will be conducting live SDN demonstrations on OpenFlow and OpenStack, such as live 100 Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) WAN traffic managed exclusively using OpenFlow on Brocade MLXe 100 GbE routers.
- IBM (Booth #1018) is demonstrating a Hadoop cluster with IBM InfoSphere BigInsights and Brocade VDX switches, with a live 10 GbE connection to the Brocade booth.
- NASA (Booth #831) is using Brocade MLXe routers to conduct real-time large file transfers over the local area to the SC12 booth for the Laboratory for Advanced Computing at the University of Chicago (LAC)/International Center for Advanced Internet Research at Northwestern University (iCAIR)/Open Cloud Consortium (OCC) (Booth #501), and wide area to NASA Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, MD, across 100 Gbps local and wide area networks.
- WARP Mechanics (Booth #1111) is running a Big Data solution using a Hyve WARP Storage Array and the Brocade VDX 8770 Switch, with a 40 GbE connection to the Brocade booth.
- Guest speaking presentations at the booth of Internet2 (#1042):
- Tuesday, Nov. 13, 11:15 - 11:45 a.m. - David Meyer, CTO, Brocade Service Provider group: "How Brocade's partnership with Internet2 is leading to the development of their WAN solution over OpenFlow"
- Wednesday, Nov. 14, 12:45 - 1:15 p.m. - Casey Miles, Brocade senior marketing manager: "How Brocade gear enables Big Data Science Collaboration"
- Guest speaking presentations for InCNTRE in the Indiana University booth (#1343):
- Monday, Nov. 12, 7:15 p.m., Tuesday, Nov. 13, 1:30 p.m., and Wednesday, Nov. 14, 1:30 p.m. - Jerry Lei, Brocade solutions architect: "Software-Defined Networking - Industry Involvement; New Frontiers for Software-Defined Networking: Hybrid Mode"
Brocade Booth #1101 at Supercomputing 2012
Salt Palace Convention Center
Salt Lake City, UT
November 12 - 16, 2012
Follow the conversation at #SC12 and @BRCDcomm.
ADX, Brocade, Brocade Assurance, Brocade One, the B-wing symbol, DCX, Fabric OS, ICX, MLX, MyBrocade, SAN Health, VCS, and VDX are registered trademarks, and AnyIO, HyperEdge, NET Health, OpenScript, and The Effortless Network are trademarks of Brocade Communications Systems, Inc., in the United States and/or in other countries. Other brands, products, or service names mentioned may be trademarks of their respective owners.
© 2012 Brocade Communications Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.