SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - May 23, 2013) - The Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) is pleased to announce an industry leading lineup of speakers at its Storage Plumbing and Data Engineering Conference (SPDEcon), June 10-12, 2013.
SPDEcon is targeted at "hardcore" storage development and data engineering experts whose positions may involve configuring, integrating, and supporting storage and data management solutions -- often referred to as the "storage plumbing."
The conference offers an intimate, tight-knit, vendor-neutral learning experience with sessions that provide a deep-dive into key technical details of storage and data management, the know-how to further advance solutions, increase acceptability and interoperability in production environments, and the help to understand where "storage plumbing" technologies are heading.
Some of the speakers and sessions at the event include:
- Philippe Vincent, President and CEO, SwiftTest - Storage Validation at Go Daddy - Best Practices from the World's #1 Web Hosting Provider
- Randy Bias, Co-founder and CTO, Cloudscaling - "State of the Stack" (A must-attend session where Randy will go beyond the hype and dig deep on OpenStack. Note: if you missed this sellout session at the recent OpenStack Summit, here's your chance to hear and meet him.)
- Jeremy Allison, Engineer, Google - "Building a Successful Storage Product with Samba"
- Khye Wei, Flash Product Planning Mgr. (Technical), Samsung Semiconductor, Inc. - "SSDs: Speeding Up Data Center Disruption"
- Philippe Nicolas, Director of Product Strategy, Scality - "Massively Scalable File Storage"
- Russ Fellows, Sr. Partner, Evaluator Group - "VDI and Storage: Tools, Techniques and Architectural Considerations for Performance"
- Michael Ault, Oracle Flash Consulting Manager Putting on the Flash, IBM - "Using Flash Technology to Accelerate Databases"
For a full listing of the SPDEcon agenda, please visit http://snia.org/spdecon/agenda
June 10-12, 2013
Hyatt Regency Hotel
Santa Clara, CA
Media and Analysts are welcomed to attend SPDEcon. To register, please RSVP to Kristin Hauser, Marketing Programs & Design Manager, SNIA at Kristin.Hauser@snia.org
About the SNIA
The Storage Networking Industry Association (SNIA) is a not-for-profit global organization, made up of some 400 member companies spanning virtually the entire storage industry. SNIA's mission is to lead the storage industry worldwide in developing and promoting standards, technologies, and educational services to empower organizations in the management of information. To this end, the SNIA is uniquely committed to delivering standards, education, and services that will propel open storage networking solutions into the broader market. For additional information, visit the SNIA web site at www.snia.org.