CORTE MADERA, CA--(Marketwire - Nov 19, 2012) - Message Bus, pioneer of cloud-based infrastructure for email, mobile and social messaging, today released a new whitepaper entitled "What Not To Do During The Holidays: Ensuring Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deliverability."
"Good deliverability means doing the right things for the right reasons and having a backup plan," said Len Shneyder, Sr. Marketing Manager at Message Bus. "In order to be successful this holiday season, marketers have to leverage the totality of their customer data in meaningful ways. But data alone isn't enough, understanding the nuances involved in messaging across platforms and devices is crucial. The staggering volumes of email currently being launched must be tempered with a keen understanding of the underlying principles of good messaging practices, device specificity and deliverability principles to differentiate legitimate email from spam."
Top 10 tips for Ensuring Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deliverability:
1. Consider removing the oldest and least active 1% of your email file and you stand to gain a 5% lift in overall deliverability.
2. Break your list into logical groups starting with your most active subscribers and email each segment separately in order to gauge list performance by activity and to allow your most active list portions to deliver.
3. Spend the time and investigate the AOL Postmaster Site and familiarize yourself with their error codes and rejection messages.
4. Whitelist your IPs and setup feedback loops with domains that offer these services to ensure the health of your sending IPs and house file.
5. Pinpoint unique windows to deliver email by examining deliverability and other metric dimensions like mobile use to ensure your customers not only receive the email but also are likely to read it.
6. Personalize the landing page for the calls to action in your email to help minimize the barriers to conversion.
7. Properly code your email and avoid the common mistakes made by marketers that can damage your ability to deliver email to domains that employ SpamAssassin.
8. Use a template that works across the greatest swath of mobile devices used by your customers.
9. Check postmaster pages for published threshold limits and ensure that you are throttling mail per the AUPs established by different domains.
10. Experiment with your SWYN, you'll learn a bit about your audience in the process and maybe even identify ardent and dedicated fans of your brand.
To download the free whitepaper, go to: http://www.messagebus.com/info/black-friday-cyber-monday-email-guide/.
About Message Bus
Message Bus provides a cloud-native application service for enabling and powering messaging across email, mobile, and social channels, helping to ensure deliverability of critical communications, transactional messages, and marketing messages. The company removes the burden and cost of deploying multiple messaging servers with a service available via SMTP or through a programmatic API. Market leading companies rely on Message Bus to manage the trust relationship between senders and recipients, increasing their message deliverability rates and revenues. Key benefits include lower cost to market, compliance to industry regulations, and protecting brand reputation. More information is available on the company's website: http://www.messagebus.com.