SOURCE: MetaVis Technologies
LAS VEGAS, NV and PHILADELPHIA, PA--(Marketwire - Nov 12, 2012) - At the Microsoft SharePoint Conference 2012, MetaVis Technologies is previewing new Office 365 and SharePoint migration, governance and metadata management products designed to help companies better organize and know their data. The new tools will allow customers to begin assessing their migration needs for SharePoint 2013 and enable them to simplify the management of metadata using SharePoint term stores. In addition, MetaVis is proud to announce the Information Manager Office 365 App, a SharePoint online App for content classification, now available on the SharePoint 2013 Store.
"There are many new features in SharePoint 2013 that will allow customers to better manage and organize their content. MetaVis products are SharePoint 2013 ready and we will be previewing new solutions that will help customers successfully prepare and plan their 2013 strategies. We are also excited to be a part of the emerging SharePoint 2013 Store with apps that make it easier for users to manage their SharePoint content," said Peter Senescu, President and Co-founder of MetaVis Technologies.
In the MetaVis Booth #912, the company will showcase SharePoint and Office 365 solutions including:
- Information Manager Office 365 App - The first of many MetaVis SharePoint Online Apps, Information Manager Office 365 helps users to bulk tag and classify content directly within the SharePoint 2013 ribbon.
- Term Store Manager - Managed metadata and term stores are one of the most popular features in SharePoint 2010 and carried over to SharePoint 2013, but maintaining term stores has been difficult. MetaVis is previewing new Term Store Manager software that allows administrators to easily manage their term stores providing the ability to create and edit terms one at a time or in bulk, analyze and reorganize taxonomy hierarchies, and import taxonomies / classification schemes. The Term Store Manager public preview is available for a limited time as a free download.
- Informant for SharePoint - SharePoint governance and compliance software designed to help organizations with uncontrolled and unmanaged content growth in SharePoint, Office 365, Microsoft SkyDrive, Dropbox, Google Docs, Amazon S3, Outlook e-mail, and legacy file shares. Start knowing your data today and let Informant for SharePoint analyze the contents of your files and effectively assure compliance, reduce risk, and automate governance. The Informant for SharePoint public preview is available for a limited time as a free download.
- SharePoint Pre-Migration Assessment - MetaVis is demonstrating a pre-migration assessment option that will be available later this year to help companies plan their SharePoint 2013 migration strategies. The assessment will perform an analysis of a company's SharePoint environment and identify specific areas where additional attention may be needed. Options include checked out files, missing templates, custom or third party features, total amount of content for performance estimates and other relevant information to assist in making your SharePoint migration a success.
- Information Manager Power User Edition - Starting at $295, this is a simple and affordable SharePoint migration solution that allows power users to migrate and tag their own content in SharePoint or Office 365. Power User Edition supports content migration to SharePoint from file systems, file hosting services such as Dropbox, SkyDrive, Google Drive, as well as other SharePoint environments.
MetaVis products are available for Office 365, SharePoint 2013 and all earlier versions of SharePoint, hosted or on-premise. They support any version of Windows and Mac OS X.
Contact Alicia Libucha at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meeting with MetaVis during the Microsoft SharePoint Conference 2012, November 12-15, 2012 in Las Vegas.
About MetaVis Technologies, Inc.
MetaVis Technologies is a Microsoft Gold certified ISV that develops software to help organize SharePoint and Office 365 environments for improved search and governance. MetaVis takes the complexity out of designing, deploying, administering and managing content within SharePoint by offering migration, information architecture, change control, taxonomy, security, backup and metadata management software. MetaVis products are agentless and are based on intuitive, graphical interfaces that are easy to use and easy to install.