NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwired - Jun 10, 2013) - MetraTech, the leading provider of Agreements-Based Billing™, Commerce and Compensation solutions, today announced the availability of MetraNet for Cloud™, an out-of-the-box cloud billing and compensation module that makes it easy and fast to deploy infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), platform-as-a-service (PaaS) or software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions in public, private or hybrid cloud environments. MetraNet for Cloud supports common cloud business models, including direct service provider, services reseller, services wholesaler, billing service provider and private cloud chargeback. Providers can reinvent their cloud offerings by creating personalized volume or commitment-based agreements that span any combination of subscription, consumption-based and value-added services, resulting in predictable, recurring revenues while providing the enterprise customer with elasticity and value.
According to Gartner, the public cloud services market is forecast to grow from $131 billion in 2013 to $237 billion by 2017 . IaaS is the fastest growing segment of the market. By 2014, IT organizations in 30% of Global 1000 companies will broker (aggregate, integrate and customize) two or more cloud services for internal and external users . MetraNet for Cloud makes service deployment fast and easy with pre-configured cloud product catalog service templates for major cloud services including Azure, Office 365, AWS, vBlock and Hosted Collaboration Services, SmartCloud, or custom configurations. Multi-party settlement and compensation for partners, suppliers and channels is also provided out-of-the-box.
MetraNet for Cloud includes MetraTech's Behavioral Billing™ capabilities, which make it easy for service providers to optimize and personalize customer and partner relationships. Their enterprise sales teams can fluidly negotiate agreements based on tailored pricing, bundling, discounting and commitment terms across any number of accounts, services, service metrics or commitments. This results in service differentiation, stickiness, higher margins and increased customer satisfaction. MetraTech's intuitive now-cast dashboard gives service providers' customers and IT departments a view of customer or departmental status against an agreement along with configurable threshold notifications, enabling behavioral modifications to manage costs or meet commitments.
Cloud providers who are not able to offer value-added services will be at a competitive disadvantage and will be rapidly commoditized. MetraNet enables providers to offer and bundle value-added wrap-around services and third-party services. MetraNet accurately compensates distribution channels, partners, and suppliers. All parties win.
MetraTech's products are built on the industry's only metadata-driven architecture that enables service providers to quickly configure their data models, transaction-processing models, pricing schemes, GUIs and APIs to meet their business needs.
Key features of MetraNet for Cloud include:
- Cloud pricing models for on-demand, reserved, usage-based, location-based, free trials, promotions, bundling, or peak /off-peak pricing for any cloud service
- Channel/partner, hybrid clouds to rate usage across any computing model and create product bundles that include multiple resources
- Private cloud chargeback to bill IT departments implementing transfer pricing and departmental chargeback
- Configurable billing and settlement hierarchies
- Grouped commitments across corporate hierarchies
- Supplier compensation to manage profitable relationships with suppliers
- Channel compensation to manage channel behavior through creative compensation plans
- Multi-party settlement (retainer, residual, shared, settled) including multi-party agreements where a single transaction can involve three or more relationships
- Partner and departmental partitions to enable customers to share the power of MetraNet with business units or partners
- Customizable online bill with easy re-branding for partners and customers
- Dynamic scaling to easily and flexibly accommodate peak periods including bursting from private to public clouds
- The ability to change product pricing quickly to respond to market demand and competition
- Sophisticated charging support including digital bundles, pay-per-use and bursting
- Individualized negotiation for enterprise agreements
- Improved auditability and data transparency with granular usage and resource allocation
- Virtual bundle support with partners and revenue sharing
- Customer billing and third-party payments and commissions support on one platform
MetraTech Chief Marketing Officer Esmeralda Swartz said, "MetraTech empowers providers to accelerate time-to-market for any type of infrastructure or digital service, and create value-added bundles flexibly and easily. Customers can run their business the way they need to and not be limited by an inflexible billing system. MetraNet for Cloud is the latest MetraTech innovation that continues our push to make monetization a business enabler by delivering an unlimited ability for providers to differentiate offerings and support high-margin services. We are arming our customers with the tools to drive enterprise cloud adoption through monetization that supports subscription and consumption-based services, value-added services, cloud elasticity and corporate commitments."
Other highlights of MetraNet for Cloud can be found in the MetraNet for Cloud data sheet and video.
MetraTech is showcasing its MetraNet for Cloud and other technologies at booth #437 on the exhibition floor at the Cloud Expo, in New York from June 10 to 13, 2013.
MetraTech Corp. simplifies and enables global commerce innovation, while helping businesses respond to an ever-changing customer and partner relationship landscape. We empower businesses to embrace change through a unique Agreements-Based Billing™, Commerce and Compensation platform that models and supports fluid, personalized, multi-party agreements for customers, partners and suppliers. We automate business processes and business models to address rapidly changing or complex business strategies. Our products are deployed globally, and our customers use MetraTech to innovatively create and securely collect revenue, provide settlement to partners and manage their customer lifecycle in 12 languages, 28 currencies and 90 countries. Customers include Arkadin, Bell, Concur, The Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation (DTCC), Cetip, The City of Chicago, GRU São Paulo International Airport, GXS, InterCall, LifeLock, mBlox, Microsoft, PGi, O'Hare Airport, Telia Sonera, TELUS, and TELMORE. The company is headquartered in Boston, with offices in London, Paris and Rio de Janeiro. MetraTech is a venture-backed, privately held company whose investors include Accel Partners, Meritech Capital and Vesbridge Partners. For more information, please visit www.metratech.com.
 Predicts 2013: Cloud Computing Becomes an Integral Part of IT Published: 4 December 2012
 Forecast: Public Cloud Services, Worldwide, 2011-2017, 1Q13 Update, 26 March 2013. ID Number: G00248727