WINNIPEG, MANITOBA--(Marketwired - April 25, 2014) - Department of Canadian Heritage
The Government of Canada has provided funding to the Directorat de l'activité sportive du Manitoba for its 2014-2015 programming.
Shelly Glover, Member of Parliament for Saint Boniface and Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages, announced this $34,500 in funding today.
The mission of the Directorat de l'activité sportive is to contribute to enhancing the vitality of the Francophone community by providing sport activities in French in Manitoba.
- Some of the activities that will be undertaken by the Directorat de l'activité sportive as part of its programming include:
- coordinating sport activities for Francophones and Francophiles of all ages in Manitoba's rural and urban communities;
- providing training sessions to coaches in the field of sport and physical activity; and
- organizing workshops and awareness sessions in Francophone communities on topics related to sport and physical activity.
- The Government of Canada is providing this financial support through the Community Life component of the Development of Official-Language Communities Program.
"The activities of the Directorat de l'activité sportive bring together two of my greatest passions: sports and the French language. The efforts of the Directorat enable Francophones and Francophiles in Manitoba to participate in sport activities in French, which is why I am pleased to announce this funding today."
-Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
"We are pleased with the support we are receiving from the Government of Canada. This support will help us better meet the needs of the community in the field of sport."
-Nicolas Audette, Director General, Directorat de l'activité sportive du Manitoba
Development of Official-Language Communities Program
Directorat de l'activité sportive du Manitoba
Follow us on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook and Flickr.