OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Feb. 5, 2013) - The Honourable Peter MacKay, Minister of National Defence, today announced six contract awards for general infrastructure work at 14 Wing Greenwood. The overall value of the contracts is approximately $1 million.
"I am extremely proud of the work accomplished by the men and women working here at 14 Wing Greenwood," said Minister MacKay. "These individuals deserve the very best infrastructure to continue this excellent work and today's announcement helps illustrate our Government's commitment to meeting this goal."
The contracts awarded today include:
- Construct troop shelter Middleton Armoury to Access Contracting Limited for $169 300;
- Yarmouth Rappel Tower at Yarmouth Armouries to Delmar Construction Limited for $152 616;
- Yarmouth Armouries Compound Modification at Yarmouth Armouries to Garian Construction Ltd for $63 449;
- Hangar 11 Apron Lighting Construction Phase Services to SNC-Lavalin Inc. (Halifax) for $19 187;
- New auxiliary power unit at Aldershot Waste Water Treatment Plant to Mid-Valley Construction (1997) Limited for $167 000; and
- Renovations to Building 122/123 at Land Force Atlantic Area Training Centre to Access Contracting Limited for $496 500.
The Canadian Armed Forces is a first-class, modern military delivering excellence at home and is a strong and reliable partner in the defence of North America making meaningful contributions to international security.
The Government of Canada conducted open, fair, and transparent competition processes to award contracts for these projects.
The Department of National Defence holds a large number of properties all across the country to support the Canadian Armed Forces, including some 21,000 buildings, 2.25 million hectares of land, 5500 km of roads, and 3000 km of water, storm, and sewer pipes.