TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Dec. 5, 2013) - Today, the Honourable Michelle Rempel, Minister of State for Western Economic Diversification, delivered keynote remarks to attendees at the Innovation 2013 conference hosted by ACCT Canada. The theme of this year's conference is: The Changing Landscape of Partnerships and Commercialization.
Minister Rempel spoke about the opportunities available to improve partnerships in the field of innovation, and highlighted how Western Economic Diversification Canada's new Western Innovation (WINN) Initiative will assist established businesses in Western Canada in bringing innovative products, processes and services to market.
- WINN is a five-year, $100 million initiative that was developed as a result of in-depth research and consultations with successful businesses and entrepreneurs. The Initiative addresses a specific pre-commercialization funding gap and is designed to leverage other investments.
- The inaugural intake period for WINN is now open and WD is accepting applications until December 8, 2013.
- Each year, close to 350 experts from the academic, industry and government sectors come together with venture investors and intellectual asset leaders to discuss developments in Canada's innovation economy at the Innovation conference hosted by ACCT Canada.
"Our Government is committed to supporting Canadian businesses as they grow, innovate and generate high-value jobs - in the West and across the country. The WINN Initiative assists western Canadian businesses in bringing innovative ideas from the test bench to the marketplace."
- Michelle Rempel, Minister of State for Western Economic Diversification
"One of our highest priorities at ACCT Canada is to strengthen the Canadian innovation ecosystem by facilitating active collaboration among our technology and industry network. The Innovation 2013 conference allows us to come together to examine the changing landscape of innovation in Canada, and how we can work together to build relationships and ensure the growth and success of our industries."
- Janet Scholz, President, ACCT Canada (Alliance for Commercialization of Canadian Technologies)
Subscribe to news releases and keep up-to-date on the latest from WD.
Follow us on Twitter at @WD_Canada.
The West Means Business.
IF THERE IS A DISCREPANCY BETWEEN ANY PRINTED VERSION AND THE ELECTRONIC VERSION OF THIS NEWS RELEASE, THE ELECTRONIC VERSION WILL PREVAIL.