SOURCE: MIT Sloan School of Management
CAMBRIDGE, MA--(Marketwire - Feb 5, 2013) - Will you dare to take on great failure for the hope of great rewards? This topic of risk and the importance of redefining a fear of failure is the theme of the 3rd Annual MIT Sloan Women in Management Conference being held on Friday, February 8 at the world-renowned MIT Media Lab in Cambridge, MA.
Also in the spotlight are leadership and gender roles in an exploration of male and female leadership styles across industries. Cutting-edge case studies and networking opportunities along with keynote speakers and panelists representing female leadership from diverse arenas will round out the day's activities.
Slated keynote speakers are:
- Maria Cirino, co-founder, .406 Ventures;
- Sandie O'Connor, treasurer and executive committee member, JPMorgan Chase & Co;
- Maura O'Neill, CIO and senior counselor to the administrator, USAID
Other speakers will include:
- Alison B. Gerlach, CEO, Allie's Edibles
- Julia Hu, CEO and founder, Lark Technologies
- Vanessa Green, CEO and co-founder, FINsix
- Tamar D. Dor-Ner, partner, Bain & Company's Boston; member of the Global Private Equity and Retail Practices
- Martha Samuelson, president and CEO, Analysis Group
For more information or to register for the conference, please visit: www.sloanwomeninmanagement.com/conference/
Sloan Women in Management (SWIM) works to increase opportunities for all women at MIT Sloan through networking events, speaker series, professional development workshops, mentorship programs, and community-building events.