SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwired - Sep 27, 2016) - Mitchell International, a leading provider of technology, connectivity and information solutions to the Property & Casualty (P&C) insurance industry, today announced new improvements to the DecisionPoint® medical bill review software for the first and third party auto casualty markets.
The latest version of the DecisionPoint solution includes new and enhanced features designed to enable insurance carriers to easily analyze their results, stay compliant and increase consistency. Users can now compare their performance to industry averages via visual reports, which help make operational changes for better medical cost containment and improved efficiency.
"As medical costs for auto claims increase, we are striving to provide insurance carriers with effective ways to overcome the associated challenges," said Nina L. Smith-Garmon, Executive Vice President and General Manager of Mitchell's Casualty Solutions Group. "Now, with the latest version of Mitchell's DecisionPoint software, our customers are better prepared to manage costs, improve their business processes, and achieve better business outcomes."
Key new and improved DecisionPoint features include:
- New visual, interactive operational reporting capabilities and a new industry comparison report to help companies benchmark their performance against the industry.
- Additional embedded analytics capabilities and premium edits available to help improve consistency in determining appropriateness and relatedness of bill line items.
- Addition of a leading NJ provider network, further enhancing our portfolio of cost containment partners.
- New Virtual Payment capability, which delivers a faster, less expensive and more secure solution that extends additional benefit to both payors and providers.
Core Bill Review Features
- Continuous fee schedule updates to support users in staying compliant.
- New capability to manage multiple exposures under a single loss which improves efficiency and compatibility with a carrier's host claim system, coming October 2016.
Over the past year, Mitchell has made numerous enhancements to its flagship auto casualty bill review platform, some of which will continue to be rolled out over the rest of the year through the company's Agile development process that delivers a continuous value stream to customers with new updates available every 10 weeks.
About Mitchell International
Headquartered in San Diego, California, Mitchell International, Inc. is celebrating its 70th year of enabling better business outcomes for its customers. Mitchell delivers smart technology solutions that simplify and accelerate claims handling and repair processes, driving more accurate, consistent, and cost-effective resolutions. Mitchell integrates deep industry expertise into workflow solutions, which provide unparalleled access to data, advanced analytics and decision support tools. Mitchell's comprehensive solution portfolio and robust SaaS infrastructure connect its customers in ways that enable tens of millions of electronic transactions to be processed each month for more than 300 insurance companies, over 30,000 collision repair facilities and countless other Property & Casualty industry supply partners across the Americas and Europe. For more information, please visit http://www.mitchell.com/.