SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 23, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Today, Oracle announced that Monaco Telecom has completed phase one of Project Synergie, its business and IT transformation focused on convergence, customer-centricity and quality of service. This phase of the program included the implementation of Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue Management and Oracle Communications Order and Service Management.
- Monaco Telecom is the incumbent communications service provider in the Principality of Monaco, providing fixed, mobile, Internet and television services to both consumer and enterprise customers.
- Facing new competition, Monaco Telecom needed to more rapidly launch innovative bundled services. However, its legacy IT platform could not support service bundling as needed and had become too expensive to maintain or upgrade.
- To overcome these challenges Monaco Telecom is merging multiple service silos into a single billing and customer care platform. Once complete, it will provide a more flexible and scalable IT platform to offer and deliver new services.
- Monaco Telecom selected Oracle because its market-proven, commercial-off-the-shelf solutions can provide a convergent billing and customer care platform for all current and future product lines.
- To get maximum benefit from their Oracle investment, Monaco Telecom selected Oracle Communications Consulting to manage the product implementation and complete the data migration from the legacy system to the new platform.
- With the completion of this initial phase Monaco Telecom can:
- Provide mobile customers targeted discounts and rewards when they purchase multiple services, maximizing up- and cross-sell opportunities and encouraging customer loyalty
- Build new mobile price plans, promotions, or discounts in a matter of days rather than the several months previously required
- Improve customer satisfaction by more quickly and accurately capturing and fulfilling orders
- Reduce operational expenses by minimizing the number of custom interfaces between applications and standardizing data interfacing methods with a service-oriented architecture
- Furthermore, by reducing the number of customizations to Oracle Communications Billing and Revenue management by 80% over its legacy system, Monaco Telecom will reduce its total cost of ownership and complexity of future upgrades.
- Monaco Telecom will continue to work with Oracle Communications Consulting on Synergie Phase Two, which will include the consolidation of its other four legacy billing platforms, implementation of more efficient IT processes and enhanced customer services.
- "Customer service is the heart of our business, thus we desired a trusted partner to help protect and grow the customer equity we've built our reputation on. We selected Oracle because of its comprehensive product portfolio and deep expertise helping communications service providers execute IT transformation projects. Oracle was the lowest-risk, most flexible solution for us, in which we have total confidence," said Martin Péronnet, Chief Executive Officer, Monaco Telecom.
- "As more over-the-top providers enter the telecommunications market, traditional communications service providers must enhance agility to grow their market share and maintain a competitive edge. We are pleased to work with Monaco Telecom to implement a platform that helps the company offer new services faster and with greater flexibility than ever before. We look forward to supporting the next phase of this project," said Brendan Logan, Group Vice President Oracle Communications Consulting.
About Oracle Communications
Only Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.