WINNIPEG, MANITOBA--(Marketwire - Oct. 12, 2012) - Monsanto Canada has been selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in Mediacorp Canada Inc.'s annual survey of Canadian businesses. This is the 5th time in the past six years that Monsanto has been recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.
The complete listing of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2013 was published in a special supplement in the October 10th edition of the Globe and Mail and on the job search engine, www.Eluta.ca.
Now in its 13th year, Canada's Top 100 Employers designation recognizes the Canadian employers that lead their industries in offering exceptional places to work. The listing ranks employers based on a nation-wide survey, an extensive application process and analysis of compensation levels, work/life balance, training opportunities, workplace facilities and company benefits. Considered the most in-depth analysis of human resource trends in Canada's private and public sectors, this year's top businesses were selected after a 12-month review and investigation of over 2,750 employers.
"Agriculture is a dynamic and innovative industry and the competition for attracting talent to jobs in the sector is extremely competitive," said Mike McGuire, president and general manager of Monsanto Canada. "As a leading provider of technology-based solutions for farmers, Monsanto is committed to attracting the brightest and the best talent. Being recognized for what we offer to current and future employees is important and affirms we are on the right track in creating a great place to work."
In assessing Monsanto Canada's programs and policies, Mediacorp scored Monsanto's health and family-friendly benefits; its training and skills development programs; and its community involvement as "exceptional" giving Monsanto the highest A+ grade possible. The company also ranked high (A) in the areas of work atmosphere and communications; and employee engagement.
Some of the reasons why Monsanto Canada was selected as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2013 were:
- supports employees who are new mothers, fathers or adoptive parents with maternity and parental leave top-up payments as well as extended health benefits coverage during their leave
- helps employees balance work and their personal life through a range of alternative work arrangements including flexible hours, telecommuting, and shortened and compressed work week options
- encourages ongoing employee development with generous tuition subsidies (to $10,000), financial bonuses for some course completion and subsidies for professional accreditation
- offers great financial benefits including a defined contribution pension plan (with employer contributions of up to 6% of salary) and year-end bonuses for all employees when company goals are met
- in addition to personal paid days-off, new employees start at three weeks of paid vacation allowance
Headquartered in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Monsanto Canada Inc. is part of the larger global Monsanto family. Monsanto Company is an agricultural company and a leading global provider of technology-based solutions and agricultural products that improve farm productivity and food quality. Monsanto remains focused on enabling both small-holder and large-scale farmers to produce more from their land while conserving more of our world's natural resources such as water and energy. Learn more about our business and our commitments at www.monsanto.ca.