MONTREAL--(Marketwire - Mar 21, 2013) - Green is the color of choice at a stylish Montreal Airport hotel where eco-friendly practices are taking hold as administrators and associates steer their efforts toward sustainable lodging and restaurant management.
Working in collaboration with the Green Key Program, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Montreal Airport by Marriott has already been awarded a 4-Key rating for its efforts in reducing environmental impact and operating costs through reduced utility consumption, employee training and supply chain management. Of the nearly 3,000 hotels participating in the program, the 4-Key rating puts the Montreal Airport hotel in the top 30 percent of active participants, a number which changes frequently as the program grows in popularity and new properties join in the effort.
Key ratings are ranked from one to five, and are based on an assessment of the five main operational areas of a hotel property. These include corporate environmental management, housekeeping, food and beverage operations, conference and meeting facilities and engineering. Sustainable practices include:
- Energy conservation
- Water conservation
- Solid waste management
- Indoor air quality
- Community outreach
- Building infrastructure
- Land use
- Environmental management.
In attaining the 4-Key rating, the hotel near Mount Royal:
- Implemented recycling in all of its Montreal hotel rooms, banquet hall and public spaces;
- Removed newspaper delivery to offer an over-the-counter free newspaper to guests on request, highly reducing paper waste;
- Began using 100% recycled paper towel products;
- Introduced the use of biodegradable glass, plates, bowls and utensils in the breakfast area to reduce the hotel's carbon footprint;
- Uses a combination of natural gas and electricity in order to reduce gas consumption; and
- Participates every year in Earth Hour by turning off lights for one hour. This year's earth hour is set for Saturday, March 23.
The Fairfield Inn & Suites' participation in the Green Key Program makes it easy for event planners to maintain environmental responsibility when planning corporate meetings or business conferences as the hotel features event space for groups of up to 160 persons along with professional catering and the assistance of dedicated event managers to ensure every detail is perfectly executed.
About the Fairfield Inn & Suites Montreal Airport Hotel
The Fairfield Inn & Suites Montreal Airport hotel provides travelers with comfortable airport accommodations supported by a gracious staff and complimentary amenities that add value to any hotel stay whether traveling for business or pleasure. High-speed Internet access, 24-hour airport shuttle service and a warm and hearty American breakfast are all provided free of charge and the lodging's spacious guest rooms and suites are furnished with well-lighted work areas, LCD HDTVs with International cable/satellite service and premium movie channels. Renowned Marriott service and exceptional value combine to ensure guests have everything needed for relaxed and productive hotel stay.