LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwire - Aug 13, 2012) - MoPix, digital film distribution pioneer, today announced the MoPix platform, a new framework for content creators to generate, brand, distribute, and sell "DVD-like" video through the MoPix Library, iTunes App Store, Google Play or on Web sites via widgets. Additional mobile platforms and storefronts as well as set-top box/Connected TVs will also be supported in the near future. MoPix gives videomakers a turnkey solution for not only creating and monetizing video and related content, but also brings powerful functionality like in-app purchases, analytics, push notifications and more to the world of film. The company also today announced it is the new digital distribution engine for Film Baby, a division of CD Baby. The community's more than 2,000 films will soon be available within the MoPix Library.
Have a feature film, cooking or exercise video, travel guide or other work you'd like to monetize? Visit http://www.getmopix.com/submissions to convert your content into a high quality digital DVD-like experience that can be seamlessly deployed across all the major mobile and smart TV platforms or embedded on-site through a widget for purchase and playback.
"Our cutting-edge digital content delivery system makes it easy for anyone who owns content -- movie studios, independent producers, fitness instructors or culinary professionals -- to easily brand, distribute, and sell their work broadly to fans with a mobile device and Internet connection," said Ryan Stoner, CEO of MoPix. "Digital downloads, embeddable widgets and apps provide a significantly more dynamic, personal experience to movie watchers versus a packaged DVD or download. It's exciting to think about how smaller filmmakers can be among the first to utilize dynamic digital offerings in their marketing and video distribution strategy. This will raise the bar on viewer engagement, convenience and experience for the whole industry."
MoPix is a self-automation platform that makes it easy for video creators to distribute and manage their film and directly connect with their audience. Filmmakers can upload a video along with a wide range of featured content, including "behind the scenes" footage, scripts and other PDF documents, and photo galleries. The platform is built to support film distribution, but also can be used for marketing and promotions to enable a constant interaction between the film property and fans from pre-production to film release. What's more, publishers keep control of their audience interaction and price structure, even retaining as much as 100 percent of their revenue.
"Using MoPix, we are able to distribute The Silver Goat to audiences across the globe," said
Paula Vaccaro, Producer at Pinball London. "As a film producer, having a film with worldwide audience potential is really promising. It's nice to know you are no longer at the mercy of sales agents or a big studio to get your film out to the masses. You can do it yourself without sacrificing quality or putting up with rules by gatekeepers."
The MoPix platform lets anyone with video or film content create rich, dynamic DVD-like experiences and create engaging communities for fans. It offers:
- Super simple CMS - Changing your content has never been easier. MoPix allows you to manage what/when/how content is delivered to your audience, and at what price. Want to add more photos? Have free content and/or additional purchases? MoPix' platform makes it easy to make adjustments on-the-fly.
- Multiple platforms - Once a film is in the MoPix library, it is accessible via a broad number of devices including web, tablets, iPad, iPhone and Android devices and soon, Facebook and Connected TVs. MoPix is continuously adding new device support, helping content creators reach an increasingly larger audience over time.
- Cloud file transfer - MoPix integrates with Amazon, Dropbox and other cloud services to make managing content files pain- and worry-free.
- Direct fan access - Videomakers can instantly and directly connect with their fans across the world through MoPix' social and rich push notifications. The platform makes direct linkage between filmmakers and fans possible for the first time ever.
- Powerful Analytics - The MoPix platform gives video creators pertinent analytics on user demographics, watching habits, most successful app features, and other insightful statistics. Previously only available to large film studios, MoPix now puts crucial analytics in the hands of all content owners.
"It is incredibly difficult for independent filmmakers and alternative video content creators to distribute their films digitally," added Stoner. "With MoPix, these artists will be able to fulfill their dreams -- without worrying about securing enormous amounts of capital or signing over control of their work."
The MoPix platform supports a broad number of viewing devices, ensuring playback across platforms. Just like Special Edition DVD releases, MoPix provides fans with premium content, including outtakes, director's commentary and more. Viewers can also broadcast the content they own in HD via Airplay-enabled devices, with further set top box support coming soon. Fans can even interact with content creators and friends in the MoPix enabled communities.
The Film Baby library of content will be available in the MoPix library beginning in December 2012.
MoPix is part of the Upstart Labs Accelerator Program.
Digital film distribution pioneer, MoPix, provides the framework content creators need to brand, distribute and sell their work via the web, Apple iOS and Android devices and other mobile platforms and digital media products. The company closes the gap between traditional distribution channels and the demand for direct distribution by giving amateur and professional content creators a turnkey way to monetize video and feature content in a digital marketplace. MoPix has offices in Los Angeles, CA and Portland, OR. Learn more about submitting your content and gaining direct access to your fans at www.getmopix.com