SOURCE: Yapta, Inc.

March 26, 2008 08:00 ET

More Than 250,000 Travel Shoppers Using Yapta for Immediate Airfare Tracking and Price Drop Alerts

Online Personal Travel Assistant Helps a Quarter-Million Travelers Get the Most Value for Their Online Travel Spending

SEATTLE, WA--(Marketwire - March 26, 2008) - Yapta, Inc. (, an online travel shopping service that tracks airline ticket pricing for leisure and business travelers, today announced that more than 250,000 travelers have registered for the service since it launched in May 2007. Yapta also announced that its users have tracked over $400 million worth of flights and that it has alerted travelers to more than $25 million in total airfare savings.

"Serving as the personal travel assistant for a quarter of a million people is not only a milestone achievement for Yapta, but it also represents the increasing demand for an easier way to plan travel online and to optimize travel spending," said Tom Romary, president and CEO of Yapta. "Yapta's users are savvy and appreciate having travel planning tools that make finding the ideal flight more convenient and provide assurance that they're getting the most value for their travel dollar."

According to current customer data, 73 percent of all flights tracked by Yapta are tracked during the planning phase prior to purchase, meaning the majority of travelers use the service to shop for the lowest available price on the flights they want to take. Meanwhile, the remaining 27 percent of flights are being tracked on a post-purchase basis, allowing travelers to be alerted when they're eligible for travel credits or refunds from their airline. Approximately 44 percent of all flights tracked by Yapta have resulted in a price drop below the initial tracking price.

"As a small business owner, I travel over 100,000 miles a year and it's impossible for me to be constantly re-checking prices on my own," said Warren Avny of Mt. Prospect, Illinois. "In addition to saving me a tremendous amount of time and effort, Yapta has also helped me save approximately $600 on airfare since I registered in January."

Earlier this year, Yapta was named the "2008 Consumer Product or Service of the Year" by the Washington Technology Industry Association and one of the "Best New Airline Web Sites" by Travel + Leisure Magazine. In 2007, named Yapta one of the "50 Best Websites" and PC Magazine listed Yapta amongst its "Top 100 Undiscovered Websites."

"We'll continue to build upon our early success by providing travelers with enhanced price-tracking ability, broader shopping functionality, and a more personalized travel planning experience," Romary said. "Yapta is committed to innovating new services for the frequent traveler and to making travel planning quick, easy and as personable as possible."

About Yapta, Inc.

Yapta, Inc. was founded in January 2006 with the mission to help frequent travelers receive the optimal value out of their online travel planning. Yapta's freeware enables travelers to bookmark their preferred flights while shopping airline websites and to be alerted when the best prices on those flights become available. Yapta is used by hundreds of thousands of travelers and many small businesses to not only obtain the best deals on airfare, but also to quickly and easily consolidate all preferred flights into a single, online list that reflects updated pricing. Bringing to light pro-consumer "guaranteed airfare" policies offered by many airlines, Yapta also helps air travelers obtain travel vouchers -- and in some cases, cash refunds -- when the price decreases on tickets that have already been purchased. For more information about Yapta and how to optimize your travel planning, visit

Contact Information