Motapa Diamonds Inc.

Motapa Diamonds Inc.

March 26, 2007 09:00 ET

Motapa-Namdeb Finalize Kavango Work Program

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(CCNMatthews - March 26, 2007) - Motapa Diamonds Inc. (TSX VENTURE:MTP) is pleased to announce that a two year work program for the Kavango project in Namibia has been finalized with Namdeb Diamond Corporation (Pty) Limited ("Namdeb"). Namdeb has earned a 51% interest in the Kavango project by committing to sole fund this two year work program and can earn an additional 14% interest, for a total of 65%, by fully funding exploration and evaluation work to completion of a feasibility study.

The program contemplates a minimum expenditure by Namdeb of US$4.48 million over a two year period. Work conducted during the first year will focus on defining the limits of the Omatako garnet anomaly primarily through drilling. An initial program of 15 reverse circulation holes will be drilled to test for indicator mineral content in the lower Kalahari sediments with the objective of better constraining the age and general location of the source kimberlites responsible for the Omatako garnet anomaly. This work will be followed with up to 30 additional reverse circulation holes that are positioned to better constrain the lateral and vertical extent of the Omatako anomaly. In addition to this work Namdeb will carry out orientation work with De Beers' proprietary high power airborne electromagnetic system, 'Spectrum', to test the suitability of this geophysical tool in the Kavango region. The total cost of this first year program is estimated at US$1.56 million.

Work planned for year two is dependent on the results from the first year. The objective in year 2 is to define and drill test a new set of kimberlite targets. It is anticipated that airborne survey work will be carried out using either the Spectrum EM system, or De Beers' proprietary airborne gravity system, whichever is deemed appropriate, and that this work will be followed by drill testing during the second half of 2008. The cost of year 2 work is estimated at US$2.92 million if the Spectrum system is used or US$4.43 million if De Beers' airborne gravity system is used.

Motapa's CEO, Dr. Larry Ott noted, "Motapa is pleased with this program which builds on the exploration database and geologic model that we have developed, and with the commitment that Namdeb is putting forward to fast-track the Kavango project."

Motapa is among the leading diamond explorers in Africa and has interests in approximately 9 million hectares of diamond prospective properties located in Botswana, Gabon, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia and Zambia. The company also holds licenses to explore for uranium, gold and manganese in Gabon.

Namdeb is owned in equal shares by the Government of the Republic of Namibia and DeBeers Centenary AG.

On behalf of the Board


Dr. Larry Ott, Chief Executive Officer

This news release may contain assumptions, estimates, and other forward-looking statements regarding future events. Such forward-looking statements involve inherent risks and uncertainties and are subject to factors, many of which are beyond the Company's control that may cause actual results or performance to differ materially from those currently anticipated in such statements.

The TSX Venture Exchange has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.

Contact Information