SOURCE: MRV Communications
CHATSWORTH, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 3, 2012) - MRV Communications™, Inc. (OTCQB: MRVC) (MRV), a leading provider of optical communications network infrastructure equipment and integration and managed services, today announced that it will participate in several upcoming industry conferences and expos throughout October and November. MRV is set to share its wealth of knowledge and expertise on a wide range of topics such as 4G/LTE, wireless backhaul, cloud computing and data centers, as well as give insight into current and future technologies.
"By taking part in key industry conferences, such as Mobility Tech, COMPTEL PLUS, SCTE Cable-Tec and Ethernet Expo, MRV can pull from its 20 years of experience and customer knowledge to offer valuable insight and expertise on recent trends and developments affecting the telecommunications industry," said Zeev Draer, VP of strategic marketing for MRV's Optical Communications Systems division. "These conferences allow companies such as MRV to not only help educate others about the latest technological innovations and network strategies, but it also provides a forum for the industry to connect and develop valuable new partnerships."
MRV will join fellow industry executives, professionals and engineers at the following events:
- On Friday, October 5 at 10am CDT, Mannix O'Connor, Director of Technical Marketing, will be speaking at the Mobility Tech Conference (collocated at ITEXPO West). During his session, Mannix will discuss the economics and technologies to overcome spectrum limitations in cellular networks. These include cell topology, base station technology and QoS for the RAN and access network.
- Zeev Draer will be in Moscow from October 8-9 for the Russia & CIS 2012 Conference. On October 8 at 2pm MSK, Draer will be representing the Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) as a panel moderator. The session will focus on the status of domestic connectivity in the Russian market, assessing the benefits of connectivity and evaluating regulatory requirements.
- Mannix O'Connor will be attending COMPTEL PLUS in Dallas, Texas for a panel on Tuesday, October 9 at 9am CDT. Titled "Upgrading Data Centers: Can New Models and Technologies Improve Performance," the session will look beyond traditional data center models and explore how to achieve simplified operations and more efficient management of the network. The panel will also address the availability of high performance Carrier Ethernet/Layer 2 network technologies for interconnecting data centers. MRV will also exhibit in booth #618.
- At Midwest Telecom Expo, held October 9-11 in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Mannix O'Connor will present a session on simplifying backhaul support and management on October 10 at 2pm CDT. O'Connor will address enabling real-time service management that insures SLA commitments and granular QoS parameters to support mobile backhaul traffic and the efficient delivery of Carrier Ethernet services.
- From November 6-8 Zeev Draer will be in New York presenting at Ethernet Expo. His first panel session, held Tuesday, November 6 at 11:45am EDT will focus on addressing challenges with LTE with topics such as bandwidth, latency and synchronization. On Wednesday, November 7 at 11:50am EDT, Draer will participate in a second roundtable that focuses on advanced Carrier Ethernet 2.0 (CE 2.0) and IP/MPLS infrastructure. This panel will examine the key features required to support the union of enterprise, residential and mobile services as the edge. Attendees can visit booth #206 to learn more about MRV's solutions.
In addition to speaking, MRV will be exhibiting at SCTE Cable-Tec Expo in booth #520 from October 17-20 in Orlando, Florida; at the Mid-America Telecom Showcase & Seminar from October 22-24, in Kansas City, Missouri; and at the Alaska Telephone Association Showcase, held October 24-25 in Anchorage, Alaska. Additionally, MRV will be sponsoring a Power Breakfast for attendees at NANOG 56, held October 21-24 in Dallas, Texas.
About MRV Communications, Inc.
MRV Communications, Inc. is a leading global provider of carrier Ethernet, wavelength division multiplexing optical transport, infrastructure management equipment and solutions, as well as network integration and managed services. MRV's solutions enable the delivery and provisioning of next-generation optical transport and carrier Ethernet services over any fiber infrastructure. MRV provides equipment and services worldwide to telecommunications service providers, enterprises, and governments, enabling network evolution and increasing efficiency, while reducing complexity and costs. Through its subsidiaries, MRV operates development centers in North America and Europe, along with support centers and sales offices around the world. For more information about MRV, visit: www.mrv.com.