CARMAN, MANITOBA--(Marketwired - April 23, 2014) - Canadian Heritage
Residents in the town of Carman and the rural municipalities of Dufferin, Grey, Roland and Thompson will benefit from Government of Canada support for professional performing-arts series over the next two years.
The Golden Prairie Arts Council is receiving funding of $19,000 ($9,500 per year) through the Canada Arts Presentation Fund for its 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons.
The funding was announced today by Minister of State (Social Development) and Member of Parliament (Portage-Lisgar) Candice Bergen, on behalf of Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages Shelly Glover.
- The Golden Prairie Arts Council's 2014-15 and 2015-16 seasons will feature performances by a variety of artists in indoor and outdoor venues in the region and offer opportunities for audiences to interact with the artists.
- Each season includes live performances that appeal to all ages, in various genres of music and theatre.
- Approximately 1,000 people attend the activities every year.
"The Government of Canada is pleased to support the Golden Prairie Arts Council in its efforts to promote Canadian artists and their work. Investing in the arts encourages innovation and creativity and provides opportunities for Canadians to appreciate the rich diversity of our country."
- Shelly Glover, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Official Languages
"The town of Carman and the surrounding rural municipalities have access to excellent cultural opportunities, thanks to the work of the Golden Prairie Arts Council. I am proud to announce our continued support to this organization's programming."
- Candice Bergen, Minister of State (Social Development) and Member of Parliament (Portage-Lisgar)
"This Government of Canada grant is vital to Golden Prairie Arts Council's performance programming. The funding allows the Arts Council to present seven to nine live Canadian performances per season in the rural communities it serves."
- Brenda Major, Director of the Golden Prairie Arts Council
Golden Prairie Arts Council
Canada Arts Presentation Fund
Follow us on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, and Flickr.