SAN MATEO, CA--(Marketwired - Mar 25, 2014) - The majority of consumers want to be recognized and expect personalized experiences across channels and devices according to the 6th Annual Personalization Consumer Survey1 commissioned by MyBuys, provider of coordinated personalization solutions for display ads, email and websites. The survey, conducted by the e-tailing group, found that 83 percent of consumers saw value in being recognized across devices by online retailers in order to receive personalized and consistent shopping experiences. Conversely, only 23 percent completely agreed that the retailers where they shop do this consistently on all devices.
"The e-tailing group study provides evidence of what we at MyBuys have long known: consumers expect and desire personalization throughout their online shopping experience, and further, that personalization increases online sales," said MyBuys CEO Robert Cell. "The MyAds solution, complimenting MyMail and MySite, gives retailers what they need to coordinate campaigns based on individual consumer insights and behavior."
The study highlights can be accessed online here. Key findings help retailers and brands build marketing strategies:
- Understand where consumers buy and recognize them across devices
- All demographics, even grandmas, are making purchases with their mobile devices
- 72 percent of 18-24 year-olds
- 70 percent of 25-34 year-olds
- 58 percent of 35-44 year-olds
- 40 percent of 45-54 year-olds
- 32 percent of 55+ year-olds
- 75 percent of 18-34 year-olds use more than three devices to access the Internet vs. 1-out-of-2 for their 45+ counterparts
- 52 percent of shoppers have used multiple devices when completing a purchase
- 60 percent of men and 54 percent of women make purchases on their mobile devices
- Know everyone and personalize on all marketing channels
- 83 percent see value in being recognized with personalized experiences across channels
- Yet, 77 percent do not think retailers recognize them across devices
- Be everywhere to acquire and convert more customers
- 52 percent of shoppers realize that they buy more with cross channel personalization
- Where consumers want and expect personalization:
- 70 percent said website
- 68 percent said email
- 42 percent said display ads
- 39 percent said social ads
"MyBuys' personalized approach to cross-channel and cross-device marketing is right in line with what consumers say they want and how they behave," said e-tailing group President Lauren Freedman. "The challenge now is for retailers to give the people what they want and recognize them everywhere and on every device that they use to browse and buy online."
Today MyBuys announced the general availability of MyAds, a display ad solution enables retailers and brands to acquire new customers, retarget recent site visitors and reactivate dormant shoppers at no financial risk because MyBuys charges only once when a consumer makes a purchase. The solutions access the MyBuys Active Shopper Database, consisting of 250M anonymized unique in-market shoppers, to model, target, and drive new-to-file customers. Clients have already increased revenue by using MyAds to reach consumers at every point in the customer lifecycle.
MyBuys provides coordinated personalization solutions for display ads, email and websites to retailers, brands and agencies. We automate and deliver billions of targeted offers each day using our Active Shopper Database comprised of the behaviors and purchase intent of 250 million consumers. Today, 137 of the Internet Retailer Top 500 trust MyBuys for customer acquisition, conversion, retargeting and reactivation. MyBuys has been named the top provider of personalization solutions to the IR500 every year since 2009, and is headquartered in Silicon Valley, with offices in Ann Arbor, New York and London. Visit www.mybuys.com for more information.
1 The study, commissioned by MyBuys, surveyed 1004 respondents in January 2014.