DALLAS, TX--(Marketwired - Nov 8, 2013) - To help consumers understand the various options and complexities regarding pediatric dental coverage options offered in the new Health Insurance Marketplaces (HIMs), the National Association of Dental Plans (NADP) recently published, "Dental in the Marketplaces: Consumer Tips on Shopping for Dental," an issue brief available on the association website.
The issue brief offers detailed examples from federal and state marketplaces to help consumers make a wise choice regarding selection of the pediatric dental benefit from the various options offered in HIMs. Tips include:
- TIP 1: Determine if the Dentist You Use is on the Network
- TIP 2: Check How the Deductible is Applied to Your Benefits
- TIP 3: Understand the Impact of the Consumer Out‐of‐Pocket Maximum
- TIP 4: Examine the Definition of Medically Necessary Orthodontia
- TIP 5: Know When Pediatric Dental Premium is Eligible for a Subsidy
The issue brief is available on the NADP website in the Consumer Information sub-section of the NADP Knowledge Center.
National Association of Dental Plans (NADP), a Texas nonprofit corporation with headquarters in Dallas, Texas, is the "representative and recognized resource of the dental benefits industry." NADP is the only national trade organization that includes the full spectrum of dental benefits companies operating in the United States. NADP's members provide Dental HMO, Dental PPO, Dental Indemnity and Discount Dental products to 160 million Americans, approximately 90 percent of all Americans with dental benefits.