KINGSVILLE, TX--(Marketwired - October 06, 2016) - The Naval Facilities Engineering Command (NAVFAC) Southeast released on Tuesday, October 4 a sources sought notice for prime contractors who can provide high explosives magazines to the Naval Air Station in Kingsville, Texas.
NAVFAC Southeast issues the sources sought notice to survey the market of potential U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA)-certified 8(a), SBA Certified HUB Zone, Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB), Women Owned Small Business (WOSB), and Small Businesses (SB). Based upon this survey, the NAVFAC Southeast will decide to issue the proposed solicitation for the types of firms indicated above or to issue as full and open competition.
Contractors interested in this opportunity must be able to perform the following:
- Construct three 1188-SF, Pre-Fabricated, High Explosive Magazines each capable of storing 100,000 lbs. of Net Explosive Weight (NEW) of Class/Division (C/D) 1.3 and 1.4 explosive. The new magazines will be constructed on reinforced concrete slab-on-grade.
- Demolish the existing High Explosive Magazines (Buildings 1773 A, B and C) which are comprised of three 1200-SF reinforced concrete earthen covered magazines (ECM). Demolition will include all concrete slabs, foundations, electrical grounding and catenary lighting protection system, fencing, and degraded hardened pavement. The demolition of the existing and the installation of the new magazines will be constructed in three phases (1 phase per magazine) so that two magazines are always in operation by the Navy.
This project also will include security fencing, primary and secondary electrical distribution, intrusion detection system, lightning protection, and explosion proof electrical components.
The NAICS Code is 236220, with an annual size standard of $36.5 million.
Project Magnitude is $1 Million to $5 Million.
Interested sources must submit by email, to Barbara Czinder at Barbara.Czinder@navy.mil, or, by mail, to her attention at Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Southeast, Bldg. 903, Yorktown, Jacksonville, FL 32212, the following information:
- Contractor Information, including DUNS and Cage Code numbers
- Notice of Intent to Submit a Bid Proposal, once solicitation is issued
- Type of Business: U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) certified 8(a), SBA Certified HUB Zone, Service Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Businesses (SDVOSB), Women Owned Small Business (WOSB), and Small Businesses (SB)
- Bond Capacity, including Surety's name, and firm's maximum bonding capacity per individual project (offeror must be able to bond at the high end of the project magnitude range of $1 Million to $5 Million)
- Experience, including building magazines greater than 1,000-SF, building new concrete foundation/slab-on-grade, erecting pre-fabricated magazines, and experience in electrical, communications, and lightning protection that will accompany each magazine
To demonstrate experience, interested contractors must submit a minimum of two Design-Build projects that demonstrate experience in performing efforts of a similar size, scope, and complexity to the project description above. These projects must have been completed since 2009, and have an approximate completed value of $2 Million or greater.
Projects submitted shall also demonstrate the following: Ammunition Storage Magazines Submissions shall contain the following items below for each project submitted for consideration.
- Include Contract Number, if applicable
- Indicate whether Prime contractor or Subcontractor
- Contract Value
- Completion Date
- Government/Agency point of contact and current telephone number
- Project Description, with sufficient detail, to determine whether this project is of a similar size and scope to this project, and how the contract referenced relates to the project description herein
- If the project was Design Build or Not
Complete submission package must not exceed 10 pages. Submissions are due by no later than 3 p.m. ET on October 31, 2016.
To receive the contract, contractors must be registered with the System for Award Management (SAM) database, and have as part of the Registration all current Representations and Certifications.
US Federal Contractor Registration, the world's largest third-party government registration firm, completes this required Registration on behalf of its clients. It also makes available information about opportunities like this, as well as training on how to locate, research, and respond to opportunities.
For more information, to get started with a SAM registration, or to learn more about how US Federal Contractor Registration can help your business succeed, call 877-252-2700, ext. 1.