TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Jan. 22, 2014) - Vigorate Digital Solutions, a technology company, has unveiled its keynote speaker, Shaun Brown. Brown, a Canadian lawyer practicing at nNovation LLP, is a CASL expert who will explain and interpret Canada's Anti-Spam Laws. He will specifically address how this new legislation will affect, and establish new rules for, business today.
Shaun Brown will speak at a complimentary breakfast hosted by Vigorate Digital Solutions. Scheduled for Thursday 23rd January at the Toronto Reference Library, the session is one of a series of talks concerning prescient issues facing marketers about the future of digital & technology in marketing.
Scott Currie, CEO Vigorate Digital Solutions, comments: "We set up this series of talks for the year to inspire and educate clients in all facets of business. We wanted to create a place where we can hear industry insiders provide practical advice and proven strategies for growing businesses in a demanding marketplace."
Currie continues: "We've been hearing a lot of buzz around the CASL legislation, and still, it's very challenging for marketers to understand the true, tangible impact on their businesses. Therefore, we are delighted to have Shaun Brown appear as a keynote speaker. Unquestionably, he can help us better prepare for the new legislation and help our clients navigate through the volume and velocity of information. He is a true thought leader on Canadian spam laws and privacy; it's a privilege to have Shaun give our clients a guide and some tools to better prepare themselves on how to engage with audiences online."
This keynote will cover the following:
- Insight on how regulators are likely to interpret and enforce CASL
- Considerations arising from outstanding compliance issues under CASL, including the definition of a commercial electronic message
- Strategies for obtaining express consent that are compliant while maximizing subscription rates
- Key steps in conducting a compliance audit
- How to be prepared for a regulatory investigation
- Insightful and actionable break out session with seasoned experts
- Register at vigoratedigital.com/casl