CHICAGO, IL--(Marketwire - Aug 21, 2012) - The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN®), www.ncsbn.org, met in Dallas Aug. 8 - 10, 2012, to consider pertinent association business with its member boards of nursing. There were 59 member boards represented by delegates.
Highlights of some of the significant actions approved by the member boards of nursing include:
- Adoption of revisions to the NCSBN Model Practice Act and Rules;
- Approval of the 2013 NCLEX-RN® Test Plan;
- Approval to conduct an analysis of the issues surrounding regulation of APRN students, faculty and programs, which are practicing across state lines or jurisdictional boundaries;
- Election of officers for the NCSBN Board of Directors and Leadership Succession Committee; and
- Acceptance of the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses' Association, Nursing Council of New Zealand and College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Nova Scotia as associate members.
NCSBN Board of Directors President Myra A. Broadway, JD, MS, RN, executive director, Maine State Board of Nursing, commented, "We are pleased to welcome three more associate members as this immensely enriches our dialogue among regulators. The annual meeting this year was characterized by energy and enthusiasm among membership. I know I speak for the entire Board of Directors when I say that we look forward to another productive and engaging new year serving our member boards."
NCSBN will meet Aug. 14 - 16, 2013, in Providence, R.I. for the 2013 Annual Meeting and Delegate Assembly.
The National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) is a not-for-profit organization whose members include the boards of nursing in the 50 states, the District of Columbia and four U.S. territories -- American Samoa, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands and the Virgin Islands. There are also 12 associate members.
Mission: NCSBN provides education, service and research through collaborative leadership to promote evidence-based regulatory excellence for patient safety and public protection.
The statements and opinions expressed are those of NCSBN and not the individual member state or territorial boards of nursing.
National Council of State Boards of Nursing, Inc.
111 E. Wacker Drive, Suite 2900
Chicago, IL 60601-4277