SAN MATEO, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 28, 2013) -
- JustDial and Maaii Join a Roster of Leading Telcos, Including Telenor Group, Cisco, Vivendi SFR and Deutsche Telekom
- Announces April 4 'Network Visualization for Telecom' Webinar Featuring Telenor Group, Tom Sawyer Software and Neo Technology
- Announces May 22 Webinar "Telcos Talking Graph Databases" Featuring Philip Rathle of Neo Technology, discussing the 5 Telco Graphs that communications companies are leveraging to gain a competitive edge
Neo Technology, creators of Neo4j, the world's leading graph database, today announced increased Neo4j global adoption of Neo4j among telecommunication (Telco) companies. Justdial, India's fastest growing local search and concierge service company, who recently received approval to go forward with its IPO, and Maaii, a provider of a mobile communications application with more than 3 million users, have joined Neo's roster of world-leading Telco clients that include Cisco, Deutsche Telekom and Telenor Group. Neo Technology's traction among this market segment underscores its ability to solve some of the most critical data challenges that telecommunications companies are facing today.
From the social graph, to the call graph, to the call center graph, to the master data graph, organizations are adopting graph databases to get more out of their existing data: through understanding and leveraging it in new ways. Neo4j, the world's leading graph database, has the largest partner and developer ecosystem among graph database vendors and tens of thousands of successful deployments, including over 25 of the Global 2000. Neo4j is a robust and proven database technology with native graph support, used in mission-critical systems worldwide.
Gartner's latest research points to 5 Graphs from which consumer Web giants have derived a competitive advantage, recommending that enterprises seek to evolve their ability to manage the graphs that are important to their business. Neo Technology will discuss the 5 graphs that Telcos can leverage to gain competitive advantage, pointing to specific examples of Telcos using Neo4j to address these opportunities. These include the Network Graph, the Social Graph, the Call Graph, the Master Data Graph and and the Help Desk Graph. These will be introduced for the first time on its April 4 and May 22 webinars.
Why are telecommunications companies adopting graphs?
By structuring their data in a graph database, Telcos are able to achieve the following benefits:
- Minutes-to-Milliseconds Performance
- Neo4j turns complex joins into simple & fast graph traversals, which for relatedness queries are over 1000x faster than relational databases.
- Drastically Accelerated Development Cycles
- Thanks to its flexible graph data model intuitive graph query language (Cypher), Neo4j catapults projects past relational friction and impedance, allowing networks to be modeled as networks, not as relational tables. The flexibility and power gained is enormous, and translates into immediate and substantial value to the business.
- Carrier-Graph Reliability and Robustness
- Neo4j is an enterprise database with full ACIDity, support for high-availability clustering, and transaction support. Global 2000 companies rely on Neo4j at the heart of their business critical systems, including carrier-grade telecommunications applications.
For more on Neo4j and Telco's, visit neotechnology.com
Customer Highlights/Key Facts
- Maaii, leading provider of a mobile communications application, uses Neo4j as its system of record to connect its 3 million users. When a user installs the app, that user's name and number, as well as those of his or her contacts, are brought into Neo4j. Maaii now has up to 3 million users and 200 million relationships, and chose Neo4j to rapidly serve up contacts from the central database.
- Justdial, the fastest growing local search and concierge service company in the world, offers a free, user-friendly, multi-platform, local search service to customers. Catering to 57 million users across 2,000 towns and cities in India, the company has more than 4500 employees working across various branches. Now with services in the US, Australia, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Singapore and the UK, Justdial chose Neo4j for an added social angle to their offering. On top of that, they integrated Neo4j for better search capabilities within the app.
- Telenor Group, one of the top 10 global Telcos, currently uses Neo4j for identity management and access control across the customer organizational hierarchy. The ability to model and query complex data such as customer and account structures with high performance has proven critical to Telenor's ongoing success.
- Cisco selected Neo4j as its database of choice when setting out to build its next-generation master data management platform. According to Cisco, Neo4j outperformed Oracle RAC by orders of magnitude for its ability to store and query interconnected tree structures (that could not be easily represented in a relational database) and execute complex validation logic in real time.
- Deutsche Telekom leverages Neo4j for its highly scalable social soccer fan website attracting hundreds of thousands of visitors during each soccer match, where it provides painless data modeling, seamless data model extendibility, and high performance and reliability.
Register to join Neo's upcoming webinar:
'Network Visualization for Telecom: Customers, Competition and Capital.'
When: April 4, 2013 from 10-11a.m. PDT
Data visualization is a valuable tool for CSPs, enterprise network managers, and hardware and software providers. By supporting the model of unified access for intelligent networks and other emerging technologies, this tool helps deliver more targeted services faster, reduces CAPEX and OPEX, provides improved fraud analysis and detection, manages networks, and ultimately improves core business practices.
Register to join Neo's upcoming webinar:
'The Five Graphs of Telecommunications'
When: May 22, 2013 from 10-11a.m. PDT
Telecommunication companies are an obvious fit for entities that benefit from a graph database. From geo mapping, to access control, to network management, Telcos worldwide are using graph databases to scale the company, and achieve faster results. Join us for a customer focused webinar, presented by Philip Rathle, that discusses Telcos such as HP, Telenor, Deutsche Telekom and Maaii. We will discuss how each customer is using a graph database within their enterprise.
"Neo's Telco customers have established themselves as leaders in their field by aggressively driving competitive advantage from the Telecommunications Graph. Graphs are everywhere, and telecommunications companies are leading the charge in developing real business value from imagining their existing data structured as a graph." -- Emil Eifrem, CEO of Neo Technology
About Neo Technology
Graphs are everywhere. From websites adding social capabilities to Telco's providing personalized customer services to innovative bioinformatics research, organizations are adopting graph databases as the best way to model and query connected data. Neo Technology researchers have pioneered graph databases since 2000 and have been instrumental in bringing the power of the social graph to customers such as Adobe, Cisco, and Deutsche Telekom. Now in production for nine years, Neo4j is the world's leading graph database with the largest ecosystem of partners and tens of thousands of successful deployments worldwide.
Neo Technology is a privately held company funded by Fidelity Growth Partners Europe, Sunstone Capital and Conor Venture Partners, and is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices in Sweden, UK, Germany, and Malaysia. For more information, please visit www.neotechnology.com