SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 4, 2015) - NeuroLaunch, the world's first startup accelerator program for neuroscience companies, has announced the schedule for its second Demo Day on Monday, August 24, 2015. NeuroLaunch Demo Day is a targeted investor-oriented showcase for the five startups completing the NeuroLaunch accelerator program, and will also feature 20 poster presentations from other top neuro-startups from around the world, as well as a panel with thought leaders on "Investment Horizons in Neuroscience."
About NeuroLaunch Demo Day (Summer 2015 Cohort)
August 24, 2015, 3:30 PM-8 PM, including cocktail reception
Atlanta Tech Village, 3423 Piedmont Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30305
Capacity for Demo Day is limited; early registration is recommended. Early bird pricing, with a discount of $200, is available until August 10. Accredited investors should contact NeuroLaunch for a complimentary registration code.
As of August 2015, NeuroLaunch has 11 neuroscience startup companies in its portfolio. The five NeuroLaunch portfolio companies completing the current batch were selected from over 50 applications worldwide and include:
- 45 Degrees Health: Technology platform for improving patient experience and outcomes through data driven concussion management.
- Atanse: Develops and sells neurosurgical instruments that allow delivery of biotechnology-based therapies with greater precision and reduced brain trauma.
- MonitorMed Solutions: Accessible shunt technology that provides hydrocephalus patients with the ability to monitor shunt performance using a mobile device, leading to improved lifestyle for patients and reducing unnecessary medical procedures.
- Neurish: Location-based mobile social network to improve the lives of people affected by epilepsy and other neurological disorders.
- Zyrobotics: Creating accessible technologies that engage and empower children with motor disabilities to enhance their quality of life.
"The portfolio companies in this batch of NeuroLaunch represent some of the most promising neuroscience-related startups we have identified from around the world," said Christopher Klaus, NeuroLaunch co-founder and serial entrepreneur.
NeuroLaunch companies are given access to seed funding, world-class mentors, a 90-day tailored curriculum for business model validation, strategic partnerships, and direct introductions to investors. NeuroLaunch currently conducts operations in three cities: Boston, San Francisco, and Atlanta. The current group of five startups represents the program's second batch of companies, of which two are headquartered in Boston, one in Virginia, and two in Atlanta.
"NeuroLaunch marks an exciting new era of joining lean startup culture with neuroscience," said Dr. Jordan Amadio, NeuroLaunch co-founder and resident physician in neurosurgery at Emory University. "We have introduced a novel method for accelerating innovations related to the brain and nervous system."
NeuroLaunch is the leading accelerator program for neuroscience startup companies. We are the first organization to apply the data-driven startup accelerator method, which has risen to global prominence as a model for technology entrepreneurs, to neuroscience. By removing barriers for the most promising neuroscience startups, we sustain the world's most robust community of early-stage neuroscience innovators, investors, and thought leaders. NeuroLaunch currently conducts operations in three cities: Boston, Atlanta, and San Francisco.
Learn more about NeuroLaunch at: www.NeuroLaunch.com; Twitter @NeuroLaunch; Facebook.com/NeuroLaunch.