SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwired - Jul 19, 2013) -
- 20-inch class all-in-one desktop with VESA support and removable feet provides space-savings and flexibility in placement options
- Adjustable platform with a frame that tilts from 6 to 60 degrees increases viewing options and a Full HD webcam that rotates up to 180 degrees enhances collaboration
- Screw-less covers and modular components simplify maintenance and upgrades
- Dust Defender technology prevents internal dust accumulation, safeguarding internal components and performance
- Choice of either Windows 8 Pro or Windows 7 Professional
- Energy Star 5.2 compliant for significant power savings
Acer America today announced that its new 20-inch class Veriton Z2640G all-in-one (AIO) commercial desktop is now available for users in business, education and government.
The new all-in-one desktops feature a screw-less chassis design and modular components for easy maintenance and upgrades. Removable feet and VESA wall-mount support enable these systems to be hung on the wall to save space, while a flexible frame that tilts from 6 to 60 degrees can be adjusted for maximum viewing comfort. These systems also come with an integrated 2.0 MP Full HD webcam that can be adjusted up to 180 degrees, which is particularly useful when collaborating via web chats with others in the same room.
The Veriton Z2640G series includes two models offering a choice of either Windows 8 Pro or Windows 7 Professional. The Acer Veriton Z2640G-UC1007X comes with an Intel® Celeron® processor 1007U (2M cache, 1.50 GHz, Dual Core) and 2GB SDRAM DDR3 (expandable to 16GB) and is available for an estimated selling price (ESP) of $539. The Veriton Z2640G-UP2117X with an Intel® Pentium® Processor 2117U (2M cache, 1.80 GHz, Dual Core) and 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (expandable to 16GB) is available for an ESP for $599.
"We're confident that both end-users and IT professionals will appreciate the flexibility, security and management benefits of this new 20-inch class AIO," said Michael O'Beirne, Acer senior director, commercial product marketing. "Workers will enjoy the space savings and highly adjustable webcam and chassis, while IT will be pleased with the easy maintenance, strong security and great price. This platform is an excellent choice for any professional environment focused on space savings and collaboration, including financial institutions, government agencies and education."
Acer Dust Defender, Energy Star 5.2 Compliant
Acer's Dust Defender prevents dust from accumulating inside the systems. This technology leverages an intelligent reversing mechanism in the cooling fan to flush out dust, enabling the components to stay cool, perform better and last longer. Energy Star 5.2 compliant, the VZ2640G Series adheres to stringent standards for significant power savings.
The 19.5-inch HD anti-glare LED-backlit LCD has a crisp1600 x 900 resolution, a 16:9 aspect ratio and a fast 5 ms response time for vivid flicker-free images. The systems are also outfitted with two HD speakers and an HD microphone for hosting and participating in web meetings.
Offering excellent connectivity, the Veriton Z2640G Series provides a USB 3.0 port, two USB 2.0 ports and HDMI®-in for connecting to HD media devices via just one cable. The new models also have large 500GB(1) (7200RPM) hard drives for archiving a large library of documents and a Super Multi optical drive for backing up data and loading new software.
Robust Management and Security Suite
The Veriton Z2640G Series comes with a practical portfolio of tools for managing system images and protecting intellectual assets. Acer ProShield, a single-client console application, integrates key security and management features under a unified user interface. It features an encrypted hidden drive for confidential files, a file shredder to purge sensitive materials from the system, and a BIOS import and export tool to streamline system management.
Acer Smart Client Manager helps small business owners and IT professionals administer software efficiently and Acer's Recovery Management simplifies backing up and/or restoring a PC's data. In addition, the Veriton ControlCenter streamlines routine IT tasks and features:
- Acer eLock Management password protection to lock removable data devices and other interfaces to ensure that data can't be stolen
- Acer eSettings Management, an intuitive interface for configuration and control of the system
- Acer PowerSaver for configuring power levels according to computer usage
- Acer SmartBoot for automatically loading frequently used programs in the system tray at start up
The two new Acer Veriton Z2640G AIO models are available through value-added resellers and channel partners in July with a limited one-year warranty and service(2). Prices begin at $539 in the U.S.
Established in 1976, Acer is an information and communication technology company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's green supply chain delivers environmentally friendly PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets and smartphones -- tools our customers need to explore beyond limits and experience more. Ranked No. 3 for notebooks globally(3), Acer employs 8,000 people, and 2012 revenues reached US$14.7 billion. Please visit www.acer.com for more information.
© 2013 Acer America Corp. All rights reserved. Acer and the Acer logo are registered trademarks of Acer Inc. Other trademarks, registered trademarks, and/or service marks, indicated or otherwise, are the property of their respective owners.
1) Accessible capacity varies; MB = 1 million bytes; GB = 1 billion bytes
2) Limited warranty agreement applies. For a copy, write to Acer Customer Service, P.O. Box 6137, Temple, TX 76503
3) IDC 2012