CAMROSE, ALBERTA--(Marketwired - July 6, 2016) - The Governments of Canada and Alberta are celebrating the grand opening of a new, 40-unit addition to the Rosealta Lodge in Camrose. The expansion will provide more affordable housing options for low-income seniors in the region.
The Honourable Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development and Minister Responsible for Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC), along with the Honourable Lori Sigurdson, Minister of Seniors and Housing, made the announcement today.
- The Governments of Canada and Alberta contributed more than $9.6 million to the project though the Investment in Affordable Housing Agreement (IAH 2011-2014).
- The three-storey, 40-unit addition is a stand-alone entity joined to the existing 65-unit lodge with a link. The addition includes a new dining room and laundry facility. It will also help provide homes for residents of the Stoney Creek Lodge, which is being decommissioned after 56 years of service.
- Renovations were also completed on the existing Rosealta Lodge, including upgrades to the fire and safety system.
- The Camrose & Area Lodge Authority, in partnership with The Bethany Group, is responsible for the Rosealta Lodge.
"Our Government is investing in affordable housing to help create jobs and improve the quality of life for those who need it most. Thanks to the combined efforts of our partners, we are able to give a helping hand to individuals in need, and in doing so, we are contributing to the economic and social well-being of the entire community in Camrose." - Jean-Yves Duclos, Minister of Families, Children and Social Development and Minister Responsible for Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
"Every Albertan deserves a safe and affordable place to call home. I'm proud of our government's commitment to seniors and housing. The new addition to Rosealta Lodge will give Camrose area seniors an opportunity to age in community, close to family, friends and neighbours." - Honourable Lori Sigurdson, Minister of Seniors and Housing
"We are so pleased to open the addition to our Camrose lodge, Rosealta. With these new, modern rooms, we are able to offer seniors in Camrose and surrounding area safe, affordable housing that includes many of the amenities we've come to expect. We thank the Governments of Canada and Alberta for supporting us in providing a friendly and inviting space within our lodges for years to come." - Max Lindstrand, Board Chair, Camrose & Area Lodge Authority
- CMHC has been helping Canadians meet their housing needs for more than 70 years. As Canada's authority on housing, CMHC contributes to the stability of the housing market and financial system, provide support for Canadians in housing need, and offer unbiased housing research and advice to Canadian governments, consumers and the housing industry. Prudent risk management, strong corporate governance and transparency are cornerstones of CMHC's operations. For more information, please call 1-800-668-2642 or visit www.cmhc.ca.
Follow CMHC on Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn and Facebook.