LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - Oct. 12, 2012) - Families living new built houses in the central belt area are enjoying savings of up to £800 per year in lower energy bills, according to local house builder David Wilson Homes.
The company has calculated that its new homes are up to 50% more efficient compared to similar Victorian properties. The average energy bill is around £800 on a brand new 3 bedroom home, compared to more than £1,600 for a similar Victorian home - even with modern day improvements.*
The cut in energy bills is coming from energy-efficient central heating, double glazing and high levels of insulation - together with top quality build techniques.
"A new home today is better by design - and David Wilson customers have come to expect generous accommodation," said Steve Mariner, Sales and Marketing Director at David Wilson Homes in West Scotland.
"However, we now combine this with the new build techniques and new technology to slash energy bills. You could save hundreds of pounds on fuel bills compared with older homes and also live a greener lifestyle with lower carbon dioxide emissions."
The improved performance of David Wilson Homes has been made possible by:
- Energy efficient boilers - the latest technology to provide heating and hot water
- Higher performance double glazing - which is now better than even ten years ago
- More insulation - floors, walls and lofts are highly insulated to minimise heat loss
- Peace of mind - the exclusive David Wilson five-year warrantee covers fixtures and fittings, in addition to the NHBC ten-year structural warranty
So if you're looking to find a new home and lead a greener lifestyle then a new build home from David Wilson Homes could be your perfect match.
For more details call 0844 8117788 or visit www.dwh.co.uk
* Energy consumption figures have been published by the Zero Carbon Hub in conjunction with NHBC Foundation and the BRE Trust, May 2012.
Note - Indicative costs and savings calculated using Zero Carbon Hub house types modelled in NHER Plan Assessor 5.3/4 (SAP2009) with projected energy costs taken from DECC published figures.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1. For further information about David Wilson Homes in Scotland please contact Jill Creighton, 0141 334 3535 or email email@example.com
2. David Wilson Homes is part of Barratt Group, which sold 12,637 homes in the last financial year, making it the biggest housebuilder by volume in Britain.
3. David Wilson Homes was awarded a maximum five star rating for the third consecutive year in the 2012 Home Builders Federation Customer Satisfaction Survey.
4. In 2012 site managers working for Barratt Group won the highest number of NHBC Pride in the Job Quality Awards for a record eighth consecutive year.
5. Barratt Group was named Housebuilder of the Year at the Housebuilder Awards 2011.
6. Barratt Group is the only housebuilder to provide a five year warranty on the fixtures and fittings in its new build homes at the time of purchase.
7. Images of a selection of developments are available to the media at http://www.barrattdevelopments.co.uk/barratt/en/media/mediakit/lib