BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - Mar 25, 2014) - ORACLE INDUSTRY CONNECT -- Oracle (NYSE: ORCL)
Life sciences and clinical research organizations (CROs) are looking to improve project oversight, make smarter trial decisions and gain efficiencies across clinical operations, while supporting patient safety, data integrity and compliance. The Oracle Clinical Monitoring Cloud helps companies achieve these goals by integrating three key solutions in the Oracle Health Sciences Cloud: Oracle Siebel Clinical Trial Management System Cloud Service (CTMS) for advanced trial management capabilities, native mobile app Oracle Health Sciences Mobile CRA for mobile monitoring, and Oracle Health Sciences Clinical Development Analytics (CDA) for comprehensive, real-time visibility to clinical and operational data.
- Oracle Health Sciences today announced the Oracle Clinical Monitoring Cloud, a flexible and scalable solution integrating clinical trial management, comprehensive analytics and mobile monitoring in the Oracle Health Sciences Cloud.
- Combining these three capabilities into one solution helps organizations enhance patient safety and reduce trial cost and risk by supporting the fast, accurate development and implementation of an organization's own monitoring strategies and processes.
- The Oracle Clinical Monitoring Cloud is integrated with Oracle Health Sciences Inform Cloud Service, providing automated data flow, making it easier to monitor and analyze clinical data in real-time to help ensure data timeliness, quality, and compliance with the protocol.
- The solution facilitates the development and implementation of virtually any monitoring strategy -- whether centralized monitoring, targeted monitoring, reduced monitoring, or risk-based monitoring in accordance with Food and Drug Administration (FDA), European Medicines Agency (EMA) and TransCelerate BioPharma guidance and best practices.
- Comprehensive trial management capabilities helps organizations quickly identify underperforming trials and problematic data, make fast and accurate decisions with real-time enrollment and site performance metrics in a centralized trial management database, and provide effective management of sites and subjects to help increase efficiency and productivity.
- The solution leverages the transformative potential of native clinical mobile applications to enable efficient and proactive monitoring and productive site visits, maximizing the utilization, efficiency and productivity of monitoring resources.
- The comprehensive analytics capabilities include pre-built and configurable role-based dashboards and key performance indicators that help measure and drive improved monitoring and project oversight, and streamline and optimize operations across all phases of clinical trials.
- As a cloud-based offering, organizations can achieve rapid time to value, high availability and lower total cost of ownership through reduced and predictable infrastructure, compliance and IT operating costs.
- "By combining three critical trial management and monitoring capabilities into one integrated solution, our customers can gain significant clinical operating efficiencies through real-time visibility into clinical trial progress. This scalable and integrated cloud platform automates trial planning, start-up, clinical operations, data management and site reimbursement processes, while giving organizations the flexibility to implement their trial monitoring strategies to enhance patient safety while reducing trial cost and risk," said Mukhtar Ahmed, global vice president of product strategy, Oracle Health Sciences.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to health sciences, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
About Oracle Health Sciences
At Oracle, we believe that a more predictive, preventive, personalized and participatory system will help improve human health. We can help accelerate this journey to personalized medicine through technology, data and insights. Oracle's solutions support industry initiatives to improve care quality and outcomes, reduce costs, and speed time to market for new treatments, therapies and devices. Oracle Health Sciences delivers comprehensive business applications, plus database, middleware, and hardware solutions for life sciences and healthcare companies and institutions worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/health-sciences/index.html.
About Oracle Industry Connect
Oracle Industry Connect, taking place in Boston March 25-26, 2014, brings industry leaders together to share deep domain expertise, insights and industry-specific best practices. This leadership event features customer-led content including visionary keynotes, executive-level networking and in-depth case studies designed to help organizations meet industry-specific challenges. For more information, please visit www.oracleindustryconnect.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.