PETERBOROUGH, NH--(Marketwire - Jun 21, 2012) - G2 Intelligence announced today that Steve Rusckowski, former CEO of Philips Healthcare and now President and CEO of Quest Diagnostics, will deliver an opening keynote address, The Growing Role of Diagnostics in Health Care, at the 30th annual gathering of industry, government, technology, and laboratory professionals.
"We're particularly delighted that Steve Rusckowski is joining us for our 30th anniversary program which not only marks a milestone for Lab Institute but also a momentous time for our country," said Dennis Weissman, G2's Executive Editor and program chair. "With the upcoming presidential and congressional elections, ongoing Medicare/Medicaid cuts, and the implications for health care reform resulting from the Supreme Court's historic ruling, this year's attendees will benefit enormously from what Lab Institute has strived for since its inception in 1983: objective, accurate intelligence, analysis and forecasts delivered by the the industry's foremost experts and health care opinion leaders."
Mr. Rusckowski takes the stage this year with fellow keynote presenters Pascale Witz, President & CEO, Medical Diagnostics, GE Healthcare; Ron Brownstein, Political Director, Atlantic Media Company; and Mara G. Aspinall, President, Ventana Medical Systems/Roche Tissue Diagnostics who will speak on:
- The Role of Integrated Diagnostics in Personalized Medicine
- Coming Down to the Wire: Forecasting the Presidential and Congressional Races
- The Time Has Come: The Era of Diagnostics Has Finally Arrived
"The best information and analysis. The top minds in the lab industry. That's what this year's Lab Institute, Separating the Best from the Rest, is all about," according to Stephanie Murg, Managing Director of G2 Intelligence. "Our just-finalized agenda -- featuring new keynotes and general sessions, sixteen topical breakout sessions, two optional pre-conference workshops, and, back by popular demand, the Lab Town Hall Meeting -- is packed with industry, government, and technology intelligence that will allow conference attendees to sift through the noise and focus on what really matters to them and their organizations."
This year's topics include:
- Political Buzz for Labs and Pathologists: The Inside Word from Capitol Hill
- Molecular Testing, Coding and Payment Alert: Implications for Labs and Pathologists
- Staying Ahead of the Curve: Legal and Policy Hotspots for Labs and Pathologists
- The End of Illness: How Technology and Data Collection Will Transform Health Care
- The Way Forward for Personalized Medicine: A Conversation with Paul Landauer of Abbott Molecular
- G2 Intelligence Briefing: Five Hotspots Sure to Affect Your Business or Practice in 2013
- G2 Power Players: Lab CEOs Speak Out--new must-attend closing session!
- PLUS two half-day intensive workshops: The New World of Lab Auditing: Taking the Smart Path to Compliance; and Preparing for a New Year: Key Coding and Reimbursement Changes for 2013
And, because it's Lab Institute's 30th anniversary, attendees can also look forward to special events, glittering receptions, and live entertainment, featuring the return of the Capitol Steps!
The impressive list of distinguished faculty in attendance also includes:
- David B. Agus, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Engineering, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine and Viterbi School of Engineering
- Robert Boorstein, M.D., Ph.D., Medical Director, Enzo Clinical Laboratories
- Marguerite Busch, MA, MT (ASCP), VP/Chief Compliance Officer, PAML and PAML Ventures
- Dave Dexter, President and CEO, Sonora Quest Laboratories, LLC
- Vicki DiFrancesco, President and CEO, Pathology, Inc.
- Hope Foster, Esq., Mintz Levin Cohn, Ferris, Glovsky and Popeo, P.C.
- A. Bowen Garrett, Ph.D., Affiliate Scholar, The Urban Institute; Chief Economist, McKinsey Center for U.S. Health System Reform
- Curtis A. Hanson, M.D., Professor of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic
- L. Eleanor J. Herriman, M.D., MBA, Director of Research and Analysis, G2 Intelligence
- Thomas Hirsch, President, Laboratory Billing Solutions
- Elaine Jeter, M.D., Medical Director, Palmetto, GBA
- Timothy Johnson, Managing Partner, England & Company
- Peter Kazon, Esq., Senior Counsel, Alston & Bird
- Jondavid Klipp, President and Publisher, Laboratory Economics LLC
- Kathryn T. Knight, M.D., FCAP, Chair, Federal & State Affairs Committee, College of American Pathologists
- Tara Kochis, President, Slone Partners
- Paul Landauer Senior Director, Global Commercial Support, Abbott Molecular
- Donald Lavanty, Esq., Principal, The Federal Group
- Paul C. Levy, M.D., Charles A. Dewey Professor of Medicine and Chairman, Department of Medicine, University of Rochester Medical Center and School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Alan Mertz, President, American Clinical Laboratory Association
- Jean Mitchell, Ph.D., Professor, Georgetown Public Policy Institute
- Stephanie Murg, Managing Director, G2 Intelligence
- Jane Pine Wood, Esq., McDonald Hopkins LLC
- Barry Portugal, President, Health Care Development Services, Inc.
- Bruce Quinn, M.D., Ph.D., Senior Health Policy Specialist, Foley Hoag LLP
- Kimberly Scott, Managing Editor, G2 Intelligence
- Joseph Skrisson Chief Operating Officer, Dynacare Laboratories
- Michael Snyder, Principal, Clinical Lab Business Solutions
- Joely Straseski, Ph.D., MS, Assistant Professor of Pathology, University of Utah Medical School and Co-Medical Director, Automated Core Laboratory, Salt Lake City
- Francisco Velazquez, M.D., S.M., President and CEO, PAML LLC & PAML Ventures
- Diana Voorhees, Principal/CEO, DV & Associates, Inc.
- Dennis Weissman, Executive Editor, G2 Intelligence and President, Dennis Weissman & Associates, LLC
- Lâle White Executive Chairman and CEO, XIFIN Inc.
- Judy Yost, Director, Division of Laboratory Services, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
- Christopher Young, CHC, President, Laboratory Management Support Services
To find out more, or to register for Lab Institute 2012, go to www.LabInstitute.com or call 1.800.401.5937. Group discounts are available for three or more people from the same organization. For group registrations, please call Jeff Watkins at 973.718.4709 to facilitate your registration, or email jwatkins@G2Intelligence.com.
For exhibitor/sponsor information, contact Patrice Hampson at 603-371-2126 or via email at phampson@G2Intelligence.com
About G2 Intelligence
Advancing the Business of Diagnostic Medicine
G2 Intelligence provides timely, accurate and trusted analysis of industry and market trends, legal and regulatory developments, and technology and innovation that directly affect the operations, financial performance, and competitive position of diagnostic testing laboratories and related medical services providers.
Formerly known as Washington G-2 Reports, the company has covered and reported on the diagnostic industry for over 30 years. G2 Intelligence delivers topical and analytical periodicals, proprietary research studies, and custom advisory services, and through live and virtual events, facilitates industry meetings and information exchanges.
G2 Intelligence is a division of Kennedy Information, LLC, a leading provider of professional markets analysis. Kennedy's parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals. Its network of more than 2,500 reporters, correspondents, and leading practitioners delivers expert analysis, news, practice tools, and guidance -- the information that matters most to professionals. Bloomberg BNA's authoritative coverage spans the full range of legal practice areas, including tax & accounting, labor & employment, intellectual property, banking & securities, employee benefits, health care, privacy & security, human resources, and environment, health & safety.
More information is available for you at www.G2Intelligence.com.