MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 14, 2014) - Gainsight, the leading Customer Success Management solution, today revealed the results of its latest study, Measuring the ROI of Customer Success Management Solutions, which found that investments in Customer Success Management (CSM) technology has been accelerating as business leaders recognize that customer success is the primary driver of long-term business performance, reinforcing Gainsight's market lead. Gainsight also announced today an investment from salesforce.com, further propelling Gainsight's dedicated mission to increase its clients' customer lifetime value by driving retention and up-sell revenue in the $500 billion Subscription Economy. These achievements reflect the rapidly increasing demand for Gainsight's next generation Customer Success Management solution, as demonstrated by the company's 560 percent year-over-year growth in 2013 and new enterprise customers including Adobe Echosign, Apttus, Callidus Cloud and BMC.
"Customers aren't just buying a product these days -- they are buying both an experience and a business model," said R "Ray" Wang, Principal Analyst and Chairman, Constellation Research, Inc. "If organizations want to survive and thrive in the Subscription Economy, SaaS and other recurring revenue organizations must harness the power of Customer Success Management solutions to solve the mission critical problem of customer churn. Smart organizations are rapidly adopting CSM solutions and building Customer Success teams to drive revenue."
Study Shows Impressive ROI for Customer Success
In the Measuring the ROI of Customer Success Management Solutions study of Customer Success professionals from high growth recurring revenue companies, Gainsight explains in detail the value of investment in Customer Success Management and quantifies the revenue and cost savings impact as reported by companies that have adopted Gainsight's highly scalable CSM solution:
- $11 Million in Retention Revenue by Reducing Churn. Companies that have adopted CSM programs reported a significant boost in sales revenue as they retained more customers. The typical Gainsight customer saw $11 million in additional revenue from increased retention over a three-year period.
- $1.2 Million in Increased Up-Sell Revenue. In addition to retention-driven revenue benefits, the study estimated that Gainsight-enabled up-selling and cross-selling (including compliance-related sales) will add approximately $100,000 per quarter, or $1.2 million over three years for a typical Gainsight customer.
- $5 Million Savings in Operational Expenses From Scaling Customer Success Teams. Beyond revenue enhancement, companies in the study reported significant cost-cutting benefits from adopting automated CSM solutions, averaging between $1 million and $5 million per year in operational savings when compared to manual CSM programs. For example, companies that adopted Gainsight, which comes with an automated reporting engine, found that managers spent about 95 percent less time preparing reports, or nearly two hours per report, on average.
"At Apttus, our customers come first as they are the key to our company's prosperity and growth," said Sue Fellows, vice president of Global Customer Excellence at Apttus. "As Apttus is built entirely on the Salesforce1 Platform, Gainsight was a natural choice for us since it seamlessly integrates with Salesforce. With Gainsight, we'll have complete visibility into our customer base by gathering all of our customer data into a single platform with a 360-degree view of customers individually and in aggregate. Based on the impact Gainsight is making on other leading companies' bottom lines through driving retention and up-sell revenue, we're excited to experience the ROI Gainsight's CSM platform will deliver."
Company Growth Fueled by Rapid Adoption of Customer Success Management
By enabling businesses to proactively manage retention, reduce unexpected churn and identify up-sell opportunities by leveraging Big Data analytics and other sources of customer intelligence through its Customer Success Management platform, Gainsight continues to expand its dominant footprint. Key milestones include:
- Skyrocketing Revenue: Up 560% year-over-year from 2012 to 2013.
- Rapidly Expanding Enterprise Customer Base: New additions include Adobe, BMC and Apttus.
- Seasoned SaaS Veterans Join Quintupling Team. Team up from 15 to 85 in the last year with hires from SAP, Salesforce.com, Yammer and Facebook.
"Recurring revenue companies are seeking the right Customer Success solution to get ahead in the $500 billion Subscription Economy, and we're thrilled that Gainsight has risen to the top as the de facto Customer Success platform of choice," said Nick Mehta, CEO of Gainsight. "Our technology has opened up new frontiers in customer data intelligence, empowering companies to fully take control of the precise analytics that are the barometer of customer success. The findings from the Customer Success Management Solutions ROI study, investment from salesforce.com and our swell of customer wins are proof that Gainsight is truly delivering a first-class solution that is impacting our customers' bottom lines."
Designed to make Customer Success Management an integral part of how the entire enterprise operates, Gainsight delivers a 360-degree view into the health and engagement of an organization's customer base through existing data. Because Gainsight looks at all of the touch points in a customer relationship, not just individual attributes like product or feature usage or study responses, users get a complete picture of each customer across the customer lifecycle.
Join Gainsight's upcoming webinar, The ROI of Customer Success, on February 20, 2013 at 11AM PT. Sign up here: http://www.gainsight.com/events/webinar-roi-customer-success.
Download the accompanying white paper, Measuring the ROI of Customer Success Management Solutions, here: http://access.gainsight.com/customer-success-roi/.
For more information:
Gainsight, the first and only complete Customer Success Management solution, helps businesses reduce churn, increase up-sell and drive Customer Success. The company's SaaS suite integrates with Salesforce and uses Big Data analytics to evaluate sales data, usage logs, support tickets, surveys and other sources of customer intelligence. In this way, Gainsight provides a 360° view of customers and drives retention across Customer Success, sales, marketing, executive and product management. Learn how leading companies like Angie's List, Castlight Health, Marketo and Informatica are using Gainsight to help their customers succeed at www.gainsight.com.
Connect with Gainsight: