AMSTERDAM, THE NETHERLANDS--(Marketwired - Sep 9, 2016) - IBC 2016 - GrayMeta, the leading provider of professional media players and metadata solutions for content owners, today announced at the International Broadcasters Conference (IBC) a host of new features included in the next version of its Iris professional media player, Iris, released this week. This new version of Iris 3.1 supports Interoperable Master Format (IMF) and industry standards including High Dynamic Range (HDR) and HTTP Live Streaming (HLS), over-the-top (OTT) video format for professionals in the mastering, distribution and quality control businesses.
"GrayMeta is the world's best professional media player and we continue to innovate with new features and formats media and entertainment professional know, such as IMF, HLS and HDR," said Mark Gray, President of GrayMeta. "We are working with companies across the content delivery spectrum to ensure that media professionals who require absolute precision have access to an unmatched set of tools for comparison, quality control, measurement combined with desktop collaboration and annotation."
In addition, GrayMeta Iris 3.1 will accelerate the adoption of HDR and now supports quick switching between 5.1, stereo LtRt, 7.1 for professionals to always hear what you want to hear including support for audio only files. The Iris media player adds professional scopes, tools and analyzers on your desktop along with collaboration tools. The broadcast quality media player and desktop collaboration tool supports the up-conversion of SDR content to HDR to allow for accessible and affordable use of media companies' current equipment. The collaboration tool provides quality control features including on screen drawing, file checking templates, timeline annotations, and shares messages securely and instantly with key stakeholders.
New Iris 3.1 Benefits
- Supports IMF emerging format, that coexist with OTT formats like HLS.
- Imports quality control reports from Interra Baton in addition to those already supported.
- Supports quick switching between 5.1, stereo Lt Rt, 7.1.
- Compare files to your approved specifications.
- Play just about every video, audio, caption, subtitle, image and frame sequence format ever invented.
- Preview HDR and decide if an automated conversion of your SDR master will work for your business goals.
- Buy any modern good UHD TV, they're HDR ready, add Iris and you're watching HDR.
- The best possible performance from your computer, and Iris is the most cost-effective media player in the industry.
IBC Demo and Availability
GrayMeta will be demonstrating the new features of Iris 3.1 in the GrayMeta booth 7.J01 this week at IBC. More details and specifications on Iris and its support for IMF, HDR and HLS can be found at www.graymeta.com/iris/. Iris 3.1 is available for download to current and new users at support.graymeta.com.
GrayMeta is a breakthrough big data company that powers automated metadata collection and represents a new way of thinking about extracting metadata across the enterprise. GrayMeta's innovative metadata solutions, powered by MetaFarm, offer the freedom to extract, store, update and add intelligence to metadata -- to be more searchable across more applications, turning your information into valuable data.