NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Mar 1, 2013) - The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York opens this Sunday, March 3 at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York. Over 20,000 restaurant and foodservice industry professionals will gather to see and sample dozens of new products, services, and equipment from more than 500 leading vendors, and participate in educational programs and many special events. The event is sponsored and owned by the New York State Restaurant Association and managed and produced by Reed Exhibitions. Event highlights include:
- Culinary Demonstration Theater - Noteworthy chefs from Hell's Kitchen, Chopped and MasterChef will provide interactive, educational and entertaining presentations for restaurant and foodservice professionals. Participating Star chefs include Kevin Cottle and Van Hurd from Hell's Kitchen; Tyler Anderson from Chopped Season 2; and AJ and Anna Rossi from MasterChef, as well as Certified Master Chef Fritz Sonnenschmidt.
- New York Farm to City Expo - Enjoy all day access to the Pride of New York Marketplace offering 40 New York State-based farms and food companies exhibiting all locally grown food and wine, encouraging local restaurants to use products from the state of New York and attend panels on "Growing the Local Food Economy: Trends, Infrastructure, and Purchasing."
- The 2013 Japan Pavilion will feature the ingredients ramen and koji, which have currently exploded in popularity in Japan. The Japan Pavilion will introduce shio koji for the first time and teach industry processionals about this special type of koji. Executive Chef Taku Sato from Nobu Restaurant will be making his debut at the show.
- Food Trends Experience (FTE) - The new Food Trends Experience is a tasting adventure providing direct access to product, flavors and ingredients driving the most recent trends in the market -- healthy, organic, sustainable, ethnic, artisanal, and more! Presented within the Show, FTE is the fastest and most convenient way to see, taste, discover and learn about the new culinary innovations that will inspire creative and fresh menu ideas, delight customers and drive profits.
- US Pastry Competition - Paris Gourmet presents the 24th Annual US Pastry Competition on Sunday, March 3, where 20 rising stars of the pastry world have been selected to compete for the coveted title, Pastry Chef of the Year. The theme for this year's event is "Women." New for the 2013 event is a student competition on Monday, March 4th. Six of the top student pastry chefs will compete with the same theme and rules as the US Pastry Competition.
The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York will be held Sunday, March 3 - Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York. For up-to-date information visit www.internationalrestaurantny.com. Press room will be located in 1B02 at the Javits Convention Center.