AUSTIN, TX--(Marketwire - Mar 8, 2012) - SXSW -- NewTek today announced that for the third consecutive year, SXSW and other industry notables will use the company's live production and streaming solutions to bring the SXSW experience to fans and viewers, over the Web. Leading music and technology brands, and bloggers, including SXSW, John Lennon Educational Tour Bus, Gibson Guitars, GeekBeat Live and TechCrunch will use NewTek TriCaster™ to deliver keynotes, events, performances, announcements, interviews, and more from SXSW, March 6-15, 2012. In addition, NewTek will host, produce and stream live music performances, artist interviews and video blogging in its SXSW booth #713.
"The mission of the Bus is to provide free opportunities for young people to create original music and digital media projects, utilizing the latest audio, video and broadcast technologies," said Brian Rothschild, Executive Director, John Lennon Educational Tour Bus. "The beauty of TriCaster is that it travels with us everywhere and lets us take our message well beyond the road -- to a global audience."
From a cart in the front-of-house, a desktop backstage, or a studio control room rack, TriCaster provides the ability to switch between multiple cameras, inputs, and recorded clips -- with titles, motion graphics and effects -- while simultaneously delivering live content to broadcast television, LED screens and projectors, the Web, and mobile devices. Additionally, producers can record events for VOD viewing, or DVD merchandising.
"In today's digitally driven world, artists, bloggers, agencies, tours and promoters are trying to reach new audiences, interact more closely with fans, and exploit new revenue opportunities. Their goal is simple: to be seen, be heard, and be everywhere," said Carter Holland, executive vice president of worldwide marketing for NewTek. "TriCaster allows anyone in the live entertainment industry to produce HD network-style TV content and then share it with the world. We're thrilled to see so many customers using NewTek solutions at SXSW to achieve their goals."
The SXSW festival itself is using TriCaster to reach fans interested in participating in the music, film and interactive festival, but are unable to attend. Festival organizers will live stream keynote and distinguished speakers throughout the film events, March 6-8, as well as interactive session keynotes and speakers from Ballroom D and EH5 of the Austin Convention Center, March 9-13. TriCaster will also be used to stream the fourth annual Interactive Accelerator, March 11-14, where a panel of expert judges acknowledge advancements in social media, mobile applications, Web entertainment, and more. The live streamed events from SXSW will conclude with Bruce Springsteen's music keynote address on March 15.
Mastercard and Google Wallet
Mastercard and Google Wallet are keeping SXSW fans in the know with Tap Into Austin 2012. The site will feature unplugged sets from up and coming new artists, interviews with filmmakers and Hollywood celebrities, along with a guide to the best of Austin. Live sessions with Sub Pop Records artists, including Father John Misty, Jonathan Wilson and his band, Madi Diaz, Chelsea Wolfe, and Jenny O will be produced and recorded with TriCaster. Find it all here: http://www.tapintoaustin2012.com/.
Other live events produced by TriCaster customers include:
- Kevin Smith Live - Sunday, March 11 at 1:30pm CT from The John Lennon Educational Tour Bus, http://www.lennonbus.org/live
- Peelander-Z - Japanese action comic punk, Sunday, March 11. Doors open at 8pm CT, Beauty Ballroom, http://www.peelander-z.com/
- GeekBeat Live with Cali Lewis - Tech news discussion, Monday, March 12 at 2pm CT, live at NewTek booth #713
- TechCrunch with Colleen Taylor - Insights from the tech community, Monday, March 12 at 3pm CT, live at NewTek booth #713
- Jeff Pulver & Alan Weinkrantz - Profile social and new media companies exhibiting at SXSW, Tuesday, March 13 at 2pm CT at NewTek booth #713
- The Suburbians - British euphoric rock performing live, Tuesday, March 13 at 2pm CT at NewTek booth #713
- Pillow Talk - Austin indie country rock performing live, Wednesday, March 14 at noon CT at NewTek booth #713
- Master Blaster Sound System - Austin Cumbia Electronica performing live, Thursday, March 15 at 11am CT at NewTek booth #713
- The Heroine - San Antonio rock 'n' roll performing live, Thursday, March 15 at noon CT at NewTek booth #713
- Martin Atkins - Interview with author of "Tour Smart" and drummer for NIN, Public Image Ltd, etc., Thursday, March 15 at 1pm CT at NewTek booth #713
- Keep it Cute - San Antonio pop 'n' roll performing live, Thursday, March 15 at 3pm CT at NewTek booth #713
SXSW Film will also feature the US premiere of "Iron Sky" on March 10 at midnight at Alamo Draft House. The film is a dark science fiction comedy that takes place in the year 2018, when the Nazis, who fled the Earth to the dark side of the Moon in 1945, return to claim the Earth. The movie, directed by Timo Vuorensola, features visual effects created in NewTek's 3D animation software, LightWave 11. View the trailer at http://www.ironsky.net.
For a complete list of interviews, onsite show reports, performances and more, delivered live from the NewTek booth, visit: http://www.newtek.com/sxsw/.
Benefiting producers and artists with cost-effective and groundbreaking technologies, NewTek is a worldwide leader in portable live production, video editing, 3D animation and special effects tools, including the TriCaster™ product line, 3Play™ and LightWave 3D®. NewTek has won numerous industry accolades, including two Emmy® Awards.
Clients include: SXSW, Gibson Guitars, Dean Guitars, John Lennon Educational Tour Bus, "The X Factor," ESPN X Games, New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, BBC, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, MTV, TWiT.TV, USA TODAY, and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). NewTek products have been used in feature films and television shows, including "Avatar," "The Adventures of Tintin," "Terra Nova," "Fringe," "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation," and more.
NewTek is privately owned and based in San Antonio, Texas. For more information on NewTek please visit: www.newtek.com, Twitter, YouTube, Flickr or connect with us on Facebook.