BARCELONA, SPAIN and SANTA CLARA, CA--(Marketwired - October 11, 2016) - Nexenta (@Nexenta), the global leader in Open Source-Driven Software-Defined Storage (OpenSDS) solutions, today announced that it will showcase its file, block and object storage portfolio at VMworld® 2016 Europe, October 17 - October 20, at the Fira Gran Via conference centre in Barcelona.
At booth S105, Nexenta will showcase the latest innovations in its award-winning OpenSDS solutions, including:
- NexentaFusion 1.0 provides simplified scaling and management through a single pane for reporting, monitoring, analytics, and orchestration for your storage assets.
- NexentaStor 5.0 delivers unified file (NFS and SMB) and block (FC and iSCSI) storage services, and runs on industry standard hardware supporting all-flash, hybrid, and all-disk, scaling from tens of terabytes to petabyte configurations, and includes all data management functionality by default.
- NexentaConnect for VMware Virtual SAN provides file services for VMware Virtual SAN™ (VSAN) environments, provides users with NFS and SMB access on top of existing Virtual SAN for a software hyper-convergence model.
- Nexenta is offering an exclusive promotion for validated VMware Virtual SAN customers which includes a NexentaConnect for VMware Virtual SAN license, unlimited raw storage capacity to match VMware Virtual SAN licenses and day-zero Nexenta technical support for 12 months.
- NexentaEdge 1.1, the industry's first software-only scale out block and object solution designed for VMware and OpenStack clouds providing scale out storage for multi-tenant VMware vSphere® environments.
Nexenta's Field CTO, Mike Letschin, will also share insights into how to embrace a true Software-Defined Storage strategy in his speaking session at the show. Full details below:
Title: You Can Have All Three: Faster, Easier and Cheaper -- The Latest in SDS
When: Tuesday, October 18th, 12:50 - 13:10 CET
Where: Solutions Exchange
It's often said that "You can't always get what you want," but you can with SDS. This session explains how to easily deploy SDS on a broad platform base, including all-flash architectures, without breaking the bank. Learn about integration with VMware and hardware options that fit your environment.
Mike will also co-present with Yiting Jin, Sr. Product Manager, vSphere and cloud platform at VMware to discuss Nexenta's VMware vCenter™ plug-in and VMware vSphere® Virtual Volumes™ support. Full details below:
Title: Journey to the HTML 5 vSphere plugin: A Partner's Perspective with Nexenta
When: Tuesday, October 18th at 7:15pm/19:15
Where: VMware Theater Booth
Furthermore, Mike will also participate on the Intel Storage Builders Summit panel to discuss the overall SDS benefits and how we are disrupting the traditional data center. Full details below:
Title: Virtualizing Storage on the Next Generation Storage Platforms
When: Sunday, October 16th, 13:30
Where: Hotel Fira Congress Barcelona
Next gen storage platforms are transforming storage in the enterprise and cloud. Join our ecosystem panel to discuss how market leaders and new companies are leveraging virtualization in this new eco-system.
Tweet this: #VMworld Europe 2016 is here! Don't miss @nexenta at booth S105 & @mletschin speak on 10/18 at 12:50 on the show floor. #OpenSDS #VSAN
Nexenta is the global leader in Open Source-driven Software-Defined Storage (OpenSDS) with 6,000+ customers, 400+ partners, 42 patents, and more than 1,500 petabytes of storage under management. Nexenta uniquely integrates deep software-only "Open Source" collaboration with one of the largest and most vibrant Open Source communities (46,000 members) and a comprehensive vision around a commodity hardware-centric "Software-Defined Storage" innovation enabling ANY app, cloud platform and protocol. Nexenta is 100% Software-based; and 100% hardware-, protocol-, cloud platform-, and app-agnostic providing organizations with Total Freedom protecting them against punitive "vendor-lock-in", "vendor-bait-n-switch", and "vendor-rip-n-replace" gimmicks. Nexenta provides enterprises with the "true" benefits of "true" Software-Defined Everything-centric Cloud Computing -- from data centers to end users; from the infrastructure to apps. Nexenta enables everyday apps from rich media-driven Social Living to Mobility; from the Internet of Things to Big Data; from OpenStack and CloudStack to Do-It-Yourself Cloud deployments -- for all types of Clouds -- Private, Public, and Hybrid. Founded around an "Open Source" platform and industry-disrupting vision, Nexenta delivers its award- and patent-winning software-only unified storage management solutions along with enterprise-scale 24x7 - around the globe -- All Love -- service and support with a global partner network, including Canonical, Cisco, Citrix, Dell, Docker, HPE, IBM, Lenovo, Micron, Quanta, SanDisk, Seagate, Supermicro, VMware, Western Digital, Wipro, and many others. Nexenta: 100% Software. Total Freedom. All Love.
For more information, visit, www.nexenta.com, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube. Also, download the newly published Nexenta Special Edition Software Defined Data Centers (SDDC) for Dummies eBook.
Nexenta, NexentaStor, NexentaConnect, NexentaEdge and NexentaFusion are trademarks or registered trademarks of Nexenta Systems Inc., in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks, service marks and company names mentioned in this document are properties of their respective owners.
VMware, Virtual SAN, vSphere and VMworld are registered trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions. All other marks and names mentioned herein may be trademarks of their respective companies.