MIAMI, FL--(Marketwired - September 09, 2016) -
- José Muñoz, executive vice president, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. and chairman, Nissan North America, Inc., offers preview of 2017 Rogue -- latest addition to Nissan's "Year of the Truck"
- Extensive enhancements create the most efficient, convenient and confidence-inspiring Rogue ever
- New Rogue Hybrid model offers drivers more choice with the addition of high-mileage gasoline electric hybrid powertrain
- Rogue enhancements for 2017 include new progressive exterior styling, available Motion-Activated Liftgate and available Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection and Intelligent Cruise Control
José Muñoz, executive vice president, Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. and chairman, Nissan North America, Inc., today unveiled a major update to the 2017 Rogue compact SUV prior to its world debut this weekend at the Miami International Auto Show.
The new Rogue, which is projected to overtake the popular Altima sedan as Nissan's top-selling vehicle in the U.S. market, features an extensive list of enhancements for the new model year -- including revised exterior and interior styling, new convenience features such as an available Motion-Activated Liftgate, new available Nissan Safety Shield technologies and the first-ever Rogue Hybrid.
The new Rogue is the latest addition to Nissan's "Year of the Truck," joining Armada, Pathfinder and the TITAN family of pickups.
"Following three straight years of consecutive growth, we project Rogue will approach 300,000 units in the current fiscal year, nearly doubling sales since 2012," said Muñoz. "For 2017, we're turning up the heat on the competition with enhancements designed to keep Rogue at the top of compact SUV buyers' wish lists."
Muñoz also spoke of Nissan's strong presence in the critical Miami and Florida markets. Florida ranks third in total Nissan sales, behind number one California and closing in on second place Texas. Nissan's 58 dealers in Florida employ more than 3,000 people in Florida, including more than 400 employees in the Miami area alone. The top selling models in Florida are Rogue, Altima and Sentra, in that order.
"Nissan is one of the top automotive brands with Hispanic buyers and multicultural buyers in general, fueling Nissan's current strong sales growth nationwide," added Muñoz. "Sales to the Hispanic community represent a full 21 percent of Nissan's total sales, well above the industry average."
The Hispanic population is projected to continue as the fastest growing segment in the country, growing from 16 percent of the population in 2010 to 24 percent by 2040. Nissan has been a longtime leader in Hispanic community outreach on both the local community and national levels. Programs supported by Nissan range from partnering with the League of United Latin American Citizens' (LULAC) National Service Centers to encourage Latino students pursuit of STEM programs, to a decade-long sponsorship of the annual Latin GRAMMY Awards.
"Despite our success in the segment, we are accelerating our efforts to build authentic relationships with the Hispanic community. We're pleased to be debuting the new Rogue here in Miami in the heart of this critical market," added Muñoz.
About the 2017 Nissan Rogue
The enhancements to the 2nd generation Rogue are highlighted by updated styling, convenience, technology and safety features. In addition, a new Rogue Hybrid, the first-ever hybrid powertrain for Rogue, will join the lineup in by the end of 2016.
Updated exterior features include a new, dynamic front end design with Nissan signature design cues, available Motion-Activated Liftgate. New available Safety Shield technologies include Intelligent Cruise Control1 and Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection2.
Among the interior enhancements found in the 2017 Rogue are new interior materials and finishers, which provide a more premium look and feel throughout the roomy Rogue cabin. As in previous years, the 2017 Rogue offers optional 3-row/7-passenger seating, along with exceptional passenger and cargo flexibility with its innovative EZ Flex Seating System™ and Divide-N-Hide® Cargo System.
The new Rogue Hybrid utilizes a compact Lithium-ion battery and electric motor to provide supplementary power through its one-motor/two-clutch system. The Rogue Hybrid's advanced 2.0-liter engine and 30kW electric motor, connected to the advanced Xtronic transmission, produces fuel economy3 of up to 33 mpg city, 35 mpg highway and 34 mpg combined (estimated) for front-wheel drive models.
Non-hybrid 2017 Rogue models are equipped with a responsive 170-horsepower 2.5-liter 4-cylinder engine and Xtronic transmission. Both gasoline engine and hybrid powertrain-equipped Rogue models are available with an intuitive All-Wheel Drive system or front-wheel drive.
Available 2017 Rogue technology features include NissanConnect℠ with Navigation, Mobile Apps, and Services, with 7.0-inch color touch-screen display, Nissan Voice Recognition for navigation and audio, SiriusXM® Travel Link and SiriusXM® Traffic (SiriusXM® subscription required, sold separately), Around View® Monitor with Moving Object Detection (MOD)4, radar-based Blind Spot Warning (BSW) and the new-for-2017 Intelligent Cruise Control (ICC) and Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection.
For photography, full information and specifications of the 2017 Rogue and the complete lineup of Nissan vehicles, please visit NissanNews.com/2017Rogue.
About Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan's operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program and has been recognized annually by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year since 2010. More information on Nissan in North America and the complete line of Nissan and Infiniti vehicles can be found online at www.NissanUSA.com and www.InfinitiUSA.com, or visit the U.S. media sites NissanNews.com and InfinitiNews.com.
About Nissan Motor Co.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan's second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with more than 247,500 employees globally, Nissan sold 5.32 million vehicles and generated revenue of 11.38 trillion yen (USD 103.6 billion) in fiscal year 2014. Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of more than 60 models under the Nissan, Infiniti and Datsun brands. Nissan leads the world in zero-emission mobility, dominated by sales of the LEAF, the first mass-market, pure-electric vehicle. It is the best-selling EV in history with almost 50% share of the zero-emission vehicle segment. For more information on our products, services and commitment to sustainable mobility, visit our website at http://www.nissan-global.com/EN/.
1. ICC is not a collision avoidance system or warning device. Designed to use limited braking. Failure to apply the brakes could result in an accident.
2. Forward Emergency Braking with Pedestrian Detection is not a replacement for responsible driving. May not provide warning or braking in certain conditions. Limitations apply. See Owner's Manual for details.
3. Fuel economy based on targeted 2017 EPA fuel economy estimates for 2017 Rogue. EPA data not available at time of publication. Targeted 2017 fuel economy 26 mpg city or 33 mpg highway or 29 mpg highway (FWD) or 25 mpg city or 32 mpg highway or 28 mpg combined (AWD) estimate based on Nissan internal testing results, subject to EPA confirmation. Actual mileage may vary with driving conditions -- use for comparison only.
4. AVM with MOD cannot completely eliminate blind spots and may not detect every object. MOD operates at vehicles speeds below 5 mph. Always check surroundings before moving vehicle. Not a substitute for proper backing procedures. Always turn to check what is behind you before backing up.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/9/9/11G113483/Images/2017_Nissan_Rogue_SL_low-296cd74a9aad95ccb685c55aa598439b.jpg