SAN JOSE, CA--(Marketwire - Feb 6, 2013) - Lattice Semiconductor Corporation (NASDAQ: LSCC) today announced that New Imaging Technologies (NIT) is demonstrating its WiDy Sensor board with the LatticeECP3™-based HDR60 Camera Development Kit at Photonics West in San Francisco.
Featuring NIT's NSC1005C high-dynamic range sensors, WiDy is a proxy sensor board, specifically designed to work with Lattice's HDR60 camera development platform. This combination enables the rapid development of highly-differentiated, value-driven, robust vision systems for automotive, industrial, surveillance, transportation, medical and consumer markets.
"The simple integration of NIT's WiDy board and the HDR60 development kit allows designers to quickly prototype camera systems based around the NSC1005C WDR sensor and LatticeECP3 FPGAs," said Kambiz Khalilian, Strategic Manager for Industrial and Automotive Segments. "The camera designer can try various combinations of camera technologies, making is easy to optimize code, use an HDMI interface to display images, drive lenses, or add a daughter board."
SPIE Photonics West
SPIE Photonics West 2013 runs from February 5 to 7. It is the essential photonics and laser event with more than 1,235 companies exhibiting in 2013. New Imaging Technologies is exhibiting at the SPIE Photonics West Exhibition 2013 in the Moscone Center in San Francisco at Booth #1127 in the French Pavilion.
Lattice HDR60 Video Camera Development Kit
- Fully integrated HDR image signal processing pipeline from sensor to HDMI/DVI display.
- Helion's IONOS Image Signal Processing IP with industry's fastest auto-exposure, and high dynamic range (HDR) image signal processing.
- Highly efficient Auto White Balance algorithm and 2D noise reduction -- all in streaming mode through the FPGA without the need for an external frame buffer for low latency and low system cost.
- On-board DDR2 memory enabling applications such as 3D noise reduction, image stitching from multiple sensors, image rotation and de-warping.
Key Features of the NSC1005C WDR Sensor
- Native WDR™ technology: Intrinsic Wide Dynamic Range, no knee point to setup, no multiple exposures, 140 dB in a single shot
- High dynamic range thanks to its patented Solar Cell pixel structure
- No illumination saturation -- Real time Dynamic Range
- Compatible with NSC1005C sensor: 1280 x 720 pixels at 5.6 µm pixel pitch
- Support HD ready 720p output to 60 fps
- Enable HDMI output with Lattice HDR60 Camera Development Kit
About Lattice Semiconductor
Lattice is a service-driven developer of innovative low cost, low power programmable design solutions. For more information about how our FPGA, CPLD and programmable power management devices help our customers unlock their innovation, visit www.latticesemi.com. You can also follow us via Twitter, Facebook, or RSS.
Lattice Semiconductor Corporation, Lattice (& design), L (& design), LatticeECP3 and specific product designations are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Lattice Semiconductor Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
GENERAL NOTICE: Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective holders.