SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 8, 2013) - Nitro, a leading provider of document productivity and workflow solutions, today announced the release of Nitro Pro 9. This latest version of Nitro's desktop offering provides integration with Nitro Cloud, a new service that gives powerful flexibility to businesses when sharing, signing, and collaborating with documents.
Nitro Pro 9 expands on the award-winning set of features that have helped the company become the trusted provider of PDF tools for over 50% of the Fortune 500, and the standard PDF software preload for PC giant Lenovo. The pairing of Nitro Pro 9 with the new Nitro Cloud offering demonstrates the company's commitment to the paperless office, document productivity, and workflow efficiency.
"The latest release of Nitro Pro delivers on our promise to make the document lifecycle as painless as possible," said Nitro's Founder and CEO, Sam Chandler. "Pro 9 is an evolutionary leap forward for anyone who works with documents. For the first time, we connect the desktop to the cloud, enabling sharing, signing and collaboration online. Send documents to anyone for review, markup, or e-signing, all in the browser."
In addition to the integration with Nitro Cloud, Pro 9 contains several new desktop features and enhancements, and an all-new look and feel.
Highlights in the latest version include:
- Nitro Cloud Integration. Nitro Cloud enables document sharing, signing and collaboration in the browser, with no desktop software required. Send documents for review, contracts for signing, and invite people to collaborate using Nitro Cloud's online markup tools. Track everything, including document views, document versions and collaboration history.
- All-new Look and Feel. Updated to the Windows 8/Office 2013 application style, Nitro Pro's user interface is familiar to anyone who uses Microsoft Office, which means virtually no learning curve.
- Compare PDFs - Visually & by Content. Nitro Pro's PDF compare tool allows you to easily spot the differences when comparing two versions of a document. Quickly analyze inconsistencies in your documents, accelerating review processes and improving collaboration.
- Enhanced Text Editing. New and enhanced intuitive text editing tools allow changes to text in paragraphs or line-by-line as well as easy switching between the two editing modes.
- Topaz Integration. Nitro Pro integrates with Topaz's electronic signature software and pads for incorporating electronic signatures in digital documents.
- Measurement Tools. Nitro Pro's brand-new measuring tools enable you to precisely measure distance, perimeter, and area in your PDF files including drawings, blueprints, computer-aided design (CAD) files and other documents. Nitro can snap to various points including midpoints, intersections and endpoints, making measurement fast and painless.
- Outlook Plugin. Nitro Pro's new plugin for Microsoft Outlook gives you the power of PDF inside your email client. Quickly and easily convert emails, entire email folders, and email attachments to PDF documents.
- Visual Document Assembly. It's now even easier to create ready-to-share PDFs from multiple source documents. Using Nitro Pro's new visual document assembly tools, you can quickly combine Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other documents into one professional-grade PDF.
- Faster Than Ever Before. Nitro Pro displays documents up to 30% faster than previous versions, and significantly faster than competing solutions.
With this release, Nitro Pro will also now be available in 6 new languages (Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Swedish, Norwegian, Finnish, Danish), in addition to the existing supported languages (English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, and Dutch).
Availability and Pricing
Nitro Pro 9 is priced at USD 139.99 per single user license. A free, fully functional 14-day trial is available for download at: www.nitropdf.com/try.
Nitro's Volume Licensing Program offers discounted licensing for larger deployments among businesses and workgroups with prioritized support and dedicated account service. More info: www.nitropdf.com/business.
Nitro Cloud (http://www.nitrocloud.com/) is available for free to sign, share, and collaborate with up to 5 documents per month. Unlimited document conversion, 5 free signatures, and collaboration flows is just $5 per user per month, and the Premium package of $15 per user per month offers unlimited conversion, signatures, and collaboration.
At Nitro, we're changing the way the world works with documents. From the desktop to the cloud, we make it easy to create, edit, share, sign and collaborate -- online or offline. Our goal: make businesses more productive.
More than 400,000 businesses run Nitro, including over 50% of the Fortune 500. We're the PDF software partner of choice for Lenovo, and our award-winning products, including Nitro Pro and Nitro Cloud, are used by millions of people around the world every month.
Australian-founded, we're headquartered in downtown San Francisco with offices in Melbourne, Australia; Dublin, Ireland; and Nitra, Slovakia. One of the fastest-growing private companies in the world, Nitro is also a multiple Inc. 500/5000, BRW Fast 100, Deloitte Technology Fast 50 and Software 500 award winner.
More info: www.nitropdf.com/about.