With 4 million users a month and adoption across numerous industries, Node.js is emerging as a universal platform used for web applications, IoT, enterprise application development and microservice architectures. This marquee event attracts enterprise users, developers and community stakeholders, providing them with a unique opportunity for cross-disciplinary discussions that are aimed to provide new insights and new opportunities around Node.js development.
"We've hand-selected a range of presenters and content that will showcase the future of Node.js and how pervasive it has become in the market through both a community and enterprise lens," said Mikeal Rogers, community manager of Node.js Foundation. "This is a perfect conference if you are a front end, back end, mobile, IoT or full stack developer."
The keynotes will focus on the future of Node.js and corresponding technologies. The initial keynotes include:
- Ashley Williams, Node.js Foundation community board chair, founder of NodeTogether, and developer community and content manager at npm
- Doug Wilson, Express lead maintainer
- James Snell, IBM engineer and Node.js Foundation TSC member
- Kat Marchán, CLI engineer at npm
- Mikeal Rogers, community manager at the Node.js Foundation
Experts from the world's leading companies and most important open source projects will deep dive into tracks ranging from artificial intelligence to security. A sampling of this year's sessions include:
Cloud and Back End
- Node.js and Containers go together like Peanut Butter and Jelly from Ross Kukulinski of NodeSource
- Building the Node.js Global Distribution Network from Guillermo Rauch creator of Socket.io
- SWIMming in the microservices Ocean from Luca Maraschi of Sporti and nearForm
Diagnosing, Debugging, and DevOps
- Instrumentation and Tracing in Node.js from Thomas Watson of Opbeat
- The Cost of Logging from Matteo Collina of nearForm
Machine Learning, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence
- From Pterodactyls and Cactus to Artificial Intelligence from Ivan Seidel of Tenda Digital
- Keeping the Node.js Community Infrastructure Humming: An Update from the Build Workgroup from Michael Dawson of IBM
- Creating Native Addons - General Principles from Gabriel Schulhof of Intel
- The CITGM Diaries from Myles Borins of IBM
- FIPS Comes to Node.js from Stefan Budeanu of IBM
- Take Data Validation Seriously from Paul Milham of WildWorks
- Node.js on Hardware: Where We Are, Where We're Going, and How We'll Get There from Kassandra Perch of NodeBots
- Why did the robot cross the road? Computer vision, robots and mobile games from Pawel Szymczykowski of Wedgies
- The Future is Now: How to Realize your New Potential as a Cyborg from Emily Rose of Salesforce
- Bitcoin, Blockchain and Node from Portia Burton of The Atlantic
- Node.js and the African Market from Ogatcha Prudence of Pilby
- The Radical Modularity from Aria Stewart of npm
- Build a real-time multiplayer chess game with Socket.io from David Washington of Microsoft
The event will provide free onsite childcare for attendees and offers ASL, interpretation and transcription assistance upon request. The Node.js Foundation is offering three diversity scholarships this year. More information can be found here.
Node.js Interactive is made possible by support from Platinum Sponsor IBM; Gold Sponsors nearForm and YLD; and Silver Sponsor Opbeat. If you are interested in sponsoring please contact Todd Benzies at email@example.com.
For attendees who register before July 4th, the early bird registration fee is $400. Visit here to register.
About the Node.js Foundation
Node.js is used by tens of thousands of organizations in more than 200 countries and amasses more than 4 million active users per month. It is the runtime of choice for high-performance, low latency applications, powering everything from enterprise applications, robots, API engines, cloud stacks and mobile websites.
The Foundation is made up of a diverse group of companies including Platinum members IBM, Intel, Joyent, Microsoft, PayPal and Red Hat. Gold members include GoDaddy and NodeSource, and Silver members include Apigee, AppDynamics, Codefresh, DigitalOcean, Fidelity, Google, Groupon, nearForm, New Relic, npm, Opbeat, RisingStack, Sauce Labs, SAP, StrongLoop (an IBM company), Sphinx, YLD, and Yahoo!. Get involved here: https://nodejs.org.