SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 28, 2014) - The deadline to nominate individuals and companies for the SDX Brand Diego Awards is September 7. This is the second year for these awards that highlight the organization's ongoing commitment to the San Diego business community and support of the advertising and marketing industry. Nominations can be submitted online at sandiegox.org/branddiegoawards.
According to Michael Warburton, Brand Manager for San Diego Zoo Global and 2014/15 president of SDX, "The SDX Brand Diego Awards showcase excellence in our business including agencies, brands, media and affiliated partner companies. There are 16 categories this year including two new categories."
The 2014 SDX Brand Diego Awards categories are:
- Brand of the Year
- Emerging Brand of the Year
- Brand Professional of the Year
- Agency of the Year
- Agency Professional of the Year
- Media Company of the Year
- Media Professional of the Year
- Media Talent of the Year (new)
- Industry Affiliate of the Year
- Multi-Cultural Marketing Visionary Brand of the Year
- Multi-Cultural Marketer of the Year
- Cause Marketer of the Year
- Corporate Responsibility of the Year
- Leadership Award
- Young Achiever Award
- Innovator of the Year (new)
In addition, since 1992 SDX (formerly known as San Diego Ad Club) has annually awarded the Paula E. Sullivan Award for Outstanding Achievement. This award is presented to individuals who have continually demonstrated their active involvement and dedication to the San Diego advertising and graphic design community and share their accomplishments and inspiration with the San Diego community at large.
The Brand Diego Award honorees will be announced at a gala event at the Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier on Thursday, October 23 at 6:00pm. For more information, call the SDX office at 619.255.2281.