SANTA CRUZ, CA--(Marketwired - June 23, 2016) - Plantronics (NYSE: PLT), a pioneer in wearable technology, today announced that the new Plantronics Voyager 5200 UC is now available at authorized Plantronics resellers. The high-performance Bluetooth® headset, built for use with unified communications applications, connects seamlessly to a PC, tablet or smartphone for clear, professional phone or PC calls even in the most challenging situations. Like the Plantronics Voyager™ 5200 -- winner of the Red Dot Award: Product Design 2016 and recently named an Editors' Choice Bluetooth headset by PCMag.com -- it is designed for anyone who conducts business on-the-go or in open, noisy environments, from train stations and coffee shops to airports and the outdoors.
Voyager 5200 UC features WindSmart® technology, an exclusive Plantronics innovation that incorporates six layers of technology to detect noise caused by wind and respond accordingly. Plantronics WindSmart technology combats an entire range of background noises from weather to traffic and surrounding conversations so calls come through clearly without disrupting the conversation. With up to seven hours of talk time on a single charge, HD Voice support over wideband networks and devices to enhance speech quality, and a design that blends style with careful attention to all-day comfort, it delivers the premium performance and ease-of-use that are hallmarks of the Voyager line of professional communication headsets.
"Today's workforce is constantly on the move, which means Unified Communications is really happening from a variety of locations, not just from a desk in an office," said Rich Costello, Senior Research Analyst, IDC. "The Plantronics Voyager 5200 UC is ideal for this mobile user and delivers some terrific audio innovation, most particularly WindSmart technology, that ensures people can make calls from the noisiest environments and still sound professional and be productive even on the go."
Voyager 5200 UC includes the BT600 Class 1 USB Bluetooth adapter and a portable charging case with integrated docking stand, which serves as both a protective and charging case that provides up to 14 hours of additional talk time on the go, and a handy, grab-and-go dock for recharging the headset.
- Four adaptive microphones and proprietary DSP work together to reduce disruptive background noise.
- Easy-access, multi-function button mutes calls with a single touch, and provides access to Siri and other smartphone Virtual Personal Assistants hands-free when the headset is idle.
- Work seamlessly across smartphones, laptops, tablets, and Bluetooth-enabled desk phones from up to 98ft/ 30m away.
- Responsive smart sensor technology intuitively routes call audio to your phone or headset, pauses media or rejects an incoming call when removed, and automatically answers calls as you place the headset on your ear.
- Spill, splash, and sweat-proof exclusive P2i nano-coating means that your conversation can continue through a light rain.
- Worry-free mute assurance that alerts you when you try to talk when muted, with visual mute indictors shown on both the BT600 USB Bluetooth adapter and desktop screen.
- Manage settings, wirelessly update firmware and activate Find MyHeadset® to locate a misplaced headset with the Plantronics Hub™ smartphone app for iOS® and Android™.
- Use Plantronics Hub desktop software to enable softphone call control across a wide range of UC applications, to view headset battery meter, change languages, update firmware, or personalize settings and alerts.
Plantronics Manager Pro™
With Plantronics Manager Pro, an additional service, IT can remotely monitor, manage, and maintain Voyager 5200 UC headsets as well as other headsets from Plantronics company-wide, to help ensure users are receiving the best possible voice experience. By using Plantronics Manager Pro, IT can make sure users are ready to take every call by configuring the user experience, managing firmware deployments and using predictive analytics to potently detect compatibility issues before they are noticed.
Pricing and Availability
The Plantronics Voyager 5200 UC with charging case and BT600 USB Bluetooth adapter is available now from authorized Plantronics resellers starting at a MSRP of $219.99 USD. The Plantronics Voyager 5200 is also available starting at a MSRP of $119.99 USD and the accompanying charging case is available for $39.99 USD.
Plantronics (NYSE: PLT) is a global leader in audio communications for businesses and consumers. We have pioneered new trends in audio technology, creating innovative products that allow people to simply communicate. From unified communication to Bluetooth® headsets to gaming solutions, we deliver uncompromising quality, an ideal experience, and extraordinary service. Plantronics is used by every company in the Fortune 100™, as well as 911 dispatch, air traffic control and various mission-critical applications for those on the frontline. For more information, please visit www.plantronics.com or call (800) 544-4660.
Plantronics, Find MyHeadset, Simply Smarter Communications, and WindSmart are trademarks of Plantronics, Inc. registered in the US and other countries, and Plantronics Hub, Plantronics Manager Pro, and Voyager are trademarks of Plantronics, Inc. The Bluetooth trademark is owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of the mark by Plantronics, Inc. is under license. IOS is a registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the United States and certain other countries. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/6/22/11G104014/Images/Voyager_5200_UC-2f6292f5255b955fa91579bd5009b1a1.jpg
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/6/22/11G104014/Images/Voyager_5200_UC_in_Case-fcc345e17ae19acda83a526b76762c6f.jpg