PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 24, 2016) - NTT Innovation Institute Inc. (NTT i3), the prominent Silicon Valley innovation center for NTT Group, one of the world's largest ICT companies, announced today the beta launch of Project CloudWAN at the ONUG Fall 2016 Conference in New York City.
An intelligent technology fabric, NTT i3's Project CloudWAN enables organizations to effectively and efficiently scale and evolve in order to respond to business changes across the full technology stack. Project CloudWAN is explicitly built for the disruption economy, allowing highly agile enterprises to rapidly and seamlessly take action in response to fast changing markets with networks which are responsive and unified.
The rise of globalization has necessitated the mandate to increase the speed of doing business. Presently, IT professionals are limited by legacy technology practices optimized purely for the management of rigid silos. However, current technology environments need to be focused on the complex multi-vendor approach to Cloud, SaaS, PaaS, Open Source and the importance of apps -- thus necessitating a solution to streamline complex networks across various business units and adapt to the ever-changing corporate environment.
"With Project CloudWAN, NTT i3 is enabling organizations of all sizes to grow with the speed and flexibility that a global business demands. We help enterprises reduce their networking costs by providing them with a choice to connect through less costly links and dynamically manage reliability, latency and speed," said Ravi Srivatsav, Managing Director, NTT i3. "Our aim is to enable enterprises to reduce wide area networking (WAN) spend, lower technology costs, reduce administration complexity, and increase business productivity. We plan to deliver this through NTT Group's global operating companies who serve as trusted advisors to their customers across five continents."
Project CloudWAN unifies disparate network deployments by supporting management of infrastructure, network function, and applications from a single console and enabling IT managers to proactively plan for network needs while also pragmatically managing their existing infrastructure investments. Similarly, enterprise cloud operators running a wide range of traditional enterprise applications from multiple vendors or cloud-native workloads can flexibly consolidate their application silos into one universal data infrastructure.
Project CloudWAN: Features and Benefits
- Unified Virtual Network for linking public and private clouds, and bare metal infrastructure.
- Supports management of infrastructure, network functions, and applications from a single cloud-based console
- Extensible Network Functions provided by software that interoperates with the core virtual network
- Integration of Business Applications and Services from the cloud to the edge of the network
- Modularity and simplicity to scale distributed IT environment
- Micro-service architecture for connected devices
- Works with an ecosystem of other network function providers allowing Project CloudWAN to flexibly fit into your existing landscape without disrupting prior infrastructure investments
- Seamlessly unifies disparate network deployments: Offered as a 'Site in a Box' solution to standardize network technologies across diverse global locations or to streamline complex networks across various business units
- Reduce setup and service costs of network products and apps
- Reduce bandwidth cost by enabling alternate transport networks
- Easier device management with network functions as a service on a single appliance
- Reduce burden on overloaded subject matter experts
- Easier network monitoring, debugging, and troubleshooting
- Improve ability to rapidly deploy centralized changes to the network edges
- Increased ability to manage security, usage, or other policies
For more information about NTT i3 Project CloudWAN, please visit www.cloudwan.io or see us at ONUG Conference on October 24 & 25.
About NTT Innovation Institute Inc. (NTT i3)
NTT Innovation Institute, Inc. (NTT i3) is the Silicon Valley-based innovation center for NTT Group, one of the world's largest ICT companies. Focused on fostering strategic innovation, NTT i3 works with established enterprise companies to investigate new approaches to evolving into technology-first, digitally-driven businesses. Likewise, NTT i3 partners with early stage digitally-native businesses looking to expand their presence and challenger advantage. Accelerating the movement of innovation from initial idea to marketplace implementation, NTT i3 combines access to the significant global infrastructure resources, investment fund, research knowledge, and trusted long-standing customer relationships of NTT Global with its own software startup expertise and deep enterprise relationships. For more information, please visit NTT i3 at www.ntti3.com or on Facebook and Twitter