IRVINE, CA--(Marketwired - Jul 21, 2016) - The OC Tech Alliance has announced finalists in 13 categories to honor and celebrate 23 years of technology innovation and achievement in Orange County. These finalists, include technology company CEOs, outstanding technology companies and innovative product/technology categories that will be honored at an awards gala on October 6 at the Westin South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa.
"Orange County's history of technology is rich with innovation that impacts the nation and the world, and it's demonstrated by the sheer number of nominees for company, product, and technology categories for our 23rd Annual High-Technology Innovation Awards," said Peter Craig, CEO of the OC Technology Alliance. "It's an increasingly difficult task for our judges to select best of the best. We feel our awards program proves our local tech industry has a bright future for growth and innovation," added Craig.
Through a partnership with Project Tomorrow, the event will also recognize outstanding K-12 STEM educators and students in Orange County.
The Outstanding Technology Leaders and Company finalists are:
CEO in Emerging Technology Company:
- Nima Bakhtiary, Arbela
- Brian Meshkin, Proove Biosciences
- Ashley Leonard, Verismic Software
CEO in Outstanding Private Technology Company:
- Michael Carter, IXI Technology
- Jeff Erle, MobilityWare
- Deepak Garg, Smart Utility Systems
Outstanding Private Technology Company:
- Smart Utility Systems
Emerging Technology Company:
- Monster VR
- Verismic Software
Outstanding Public Technology Company:
- Astronics Test Systems
- BioLargo, Inc.
- Skyworks Solutions, Inc.
The finalists for product and technology innovation in the following categories are:
- BioLargo, Inc. - BioLargo® Water
- NxEco - NxEco digital irrigation solution
- Smart Utility Systems - Smart Customer Mobile
Cloud /SaaS/ Web Platform Solutions:
- Numecent - Cloudpaging
- Reazon Systems, Inc. - iRubric Rapid
- Zadara Storage - The Zadara Cloud
Consumer Devices & Software:
- Conexant - RoomAware Optimizer
- D-Link Systems, Inc. - Full HD 180-Degree Wi-Fi Camera (DCS-2630L)
- Monster VR - Sweet Escape
- Immunant, Inc. - Immunant Apex
- Netwrix Corporation - Netwrix Auditor
- Sekur Me, Inc. - Sekur Login
Enterprise Hardware & Devices:
- Astronics Test Systems - CTS-6000 Radio Test Set
- Microsemi Corporation - Microsemi PDS-104GO 4+1 PoE (Outdoor Power-Over Ethernet) Switch
- OleumTech - OleumTech Wireless Resistive Level Sensor/Transmitter
- CGTech - VERICUT Composite Applications
- gen-E - gen-E OpsCenter™
- Lexmark Enterprise Software - Kofax Kapow: Robotic Process Automation for Digital Transformation
- Modulated Imaging, Inc. - Ox-Imager CS
- Onciomed, Inc. - Gastric Vest System (GVS)
- Vertos Medical - mild®
- Acorns Grow Inc. - Acorns
- GlobeChat - GlobeChat
- YouMail, Inc. - YouMail for Business
Now in its 23rd year, the High-Technology Innovation Awards is Southern California's premier awards program event celebrating achievement among the regional tech industry. The OC Tech Alliance honors local companies, individuals and products driving technology innovation in Orange County. The award recipients will be announced at a gala event on October 6, 2016, at the Westin South Coast Plaza.
About Orange County Technology Alliance
Orange County Technology Alliance is a 501(c)6 nonprofit trade association committed to fast-forwarding the local innovation economy. It is the successor organization to the Orange County Council of TechAmerica and AeA. It is the only technology association addressing the needs of small-to-midsize technology companies and their leaders based in Orange County, California. The alliance serves members through local networking, professional development, state and federal advocacy, savings on business services and industry recognition. To learn more about membership, contact OC Tech Alliance at firstname.lastname@example.org or www.octechalliance.com. Follow alliance activities on Twitter at www.twitter.com/octechalliance.
About Project Tomorrow
Project Tomorrow (www.tomorrow.org), a national education nonprofit organization headquartered in Irvine, California, supports the innovative uses of research-based science, math, and technology resources to develop critical thinking, problem solving, and creativity in K-12 students. Project Tomorrow addresses the challenges of developing schools for the 21st century through national research projects, community and school-based programs, online tools and resources, and advocacy efforts to ensure that all students are prepared to be tomorrow's leaders, innovators, and engaged citizens of the world.