ST. PAUL, MN--(Marketwire - Feb 23, 2012) - Whether you're someone who sees the artistic value in everyday objects or you just like getting crafty with your hands, Scotch Brand wants you to pick up a roll of packaging tape for the third annual Scotch Off the Roll Tape Sculpture Contest, sponsored by 3M. Notepad doodlers and creative geniuses alike are encouraged to submit photos of their unique tape sculptures -- constructed from Scotch Packaging Tape -- no later than March 24, 2012 for the chance to win a $5,000 cash prize.
Submissions will be judged by a panel of noted artists, including pioneer tape sculptor Mark Jenkins, who will narrow the entries to the five finalists who are eligible for the grand prize. America will then vote at www.OfftheRollContest.com from April 19 - May 2, 2012 to determine the top two finalists. The winner of the $5,000 grand prize will be determined by a panel of artists in a final round of judging.
Contest details are as follows:
- Enter now by visiting www.OfftheRollContest.com and uploading one to three photos of your original Scotch Packaging Tape sculpture, its unique name and a short description of your sculpture in ten sentences or less (up to 500 characters, including spacing).
- Entries should include:
- Entrant's name, home address, city, state, zip code, telephone number, date of birth and e-mail address
- Entries must be submitted no later than March 24, 2012.
- One grand-prize winner will receive a $5,000 cash prize, a first runner-up will receive $1,000 and three second runners-up will each receive a $500 cash prize.
- The contest is open to individuals who are 16 years of age and older except where restricted by law. For a complete set of contest rules, visit the Off the Roll Contest website.
Twittercue: Enter to win $5k in @ScotchProducts Off The Roll Tape #Sculpture Contest judged by #artist Mark Jenkins: OffTheRollContest.com #streetart.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit www.3M.com or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
3M and Scotch are trademarks of 3M. © 3M 2012.
Scotch Off the Roll Tape Sculpture Contest Website
Scotch Brand Website
Scotch Brand Facebook Page
Follow Scotch Brand on Twitter