HOUSTON, TX--(Marketwire - Dec 20, 2012) - Onit, Inc., a leading provider of business productivity and process management Apps, today announced that it launched Onit App Builder, a process automation platform that combines business process management, collaboration and project management functionality into one innovative SaaS tool. Onit App Builder allows business users to easily develop and deploy Apps to facilitate continuous improvement of critical business processes.
Creating Apps using Onit App Builder empowers business teams to streamline internal processes, enhance visibility into transactions and improve operational efficiency that is not possible using traditional tools like email and spreadsheets. The App Builder's flexible platform includes custom forms, fields, checklists, workflow and process tracking capabilities to allow business users to create simple-to-use Apps that address business processes such as contract review and approval, matter intake, vendor compliance, contract management, IP infringement, etc. Additionally, Onit App Builder allows organizations to solve business problems in hours or days with the flexibility to make changes and improvements in-stream as often as required.
Among a number of recent deployments of Onit App Builder, the legal department of a Fortune 100 global diversified technology and industrial leader, successfully completed a deployment of Onit App Builder. Across a number of its legal and compliance processes within its legal services group, they demonstrated that Onit App Builder delivers shorter transaction times, increased visibility into transaction status, seamless collaboration, increased risk assessment capabilities and improved compliance with business policies. Additionally, the engagement of knowledge workers across the business has improved, driving significant improvements in the execution of critical legal and business processes.
Similarly, a leading provider of technology solutions for business, government, education and healthcare implemented Onit App Builder to deliver an improved client experience and ensure compliance with partner marketing programs. Onit App Builder will provide the capability to effectively manage a set of tasks and communication with clients to help this company drive higher enterprise license growth and renewal rates, while at the same time increasing customer satisfaction
Onit App Builder also provides a service delivery developer and process stakeholders with the following capabilities:
1. Enables Process Development with Intuitive User Interfaces. Traditional process development requires the use of process mapping software that is counter-intuitive to process stakeholders. While process maps are important, most business people simply do not find those tools intuitive. More importantly, they can't see how processes developed in this way will improve the way they work and provide the flexibility that they need as knowledge workers to get their jobs done.
With Onit App Builder, companies now have a tool that improves engagement of knowledge workers in process development with a user interface they can understand and use. In this new paradigm, traditional process mapping moves to a back office function derived from the user interface. Business staff now enthusiastically participate in process discipline because they have the instant feedback of seeing how a process discipline will improve the way they work.
2. Short Development Time Implemented by Functional Service Groups. Onit App Builder radically reduces "time to pilot" and "time to value." Simple process pilots can be ready for implementation in hours and in production within days.
3. Flexibility for Stakeholders. Implementation through Onit App Builder technology provides process stakeholders with the flexibility to route, comment, revise and track progress of the service to accommodate the variability and unpredictability inherent in knowledge work.
4. Standard Intuitive Interface. Applications developed through Onit App Builder provide simple intuitive interfaces with standard features that allow the user to focus on the process instead of how the application works. This means little or no training, dramatically reducing the time and cost of App deployment.
5. Standard Versus Custom Development. Onit App Builder takes the approach of fixing the process and not the problem.
6. A "Learn By Doing" Approach. The focus is on learning the optimal process through feedback from rapid deployment rather than a customized and expensive development of complex process maps and workflow design that anticipate every possible contingency that may or may not occur.
"We're delighted to be working with these world class companies and others like them across a broad range of industries. Their focus on process improvement has been instrumental in extending the App Builder platform as an enterprise-class process improvement platform. We have high expectations that Onit App Builder will simplify their internal processes and deliver significant benefit to their staff and customers," commented John Gilman, Director of Products, Onit. "App Builder was designed to rationalize business processes by enabling customers to quickly and reliably solve real world problems that directly impact customer satisfaction, employee productivity and ultimately profitability."
Onit was formed by legal software industry experts Eric M. Elfman and Eric A. Smith, co-founders of Datacert, a leading provider of enterprise spend management software. Launched in early 2010, Onit deploys Onit Apps to simplify business process automation and improve business productivity across all departments and industries. Onit App Builder allows business users to drive efficiency and productivity by combining business process management, project management and information management into one easy to use tool so the user can create their own Onit Apps without having to rely on IT for support.
Businesses have processes for everything -- whether it's hiring a vendor or law firm, terminating an employee, submitting a contract for review, requesting a trademark request, obtaining an NDA, etc. Most of these processes are manual, paper intensive and cumbersome. With Onit Apps, processes are automated in a few clicks, responsible parties are notified immediately, and data collection is centralized. Onit doesn't require any software to download or resources from IT. For more information, visit www.onit.com or contact 1-800-281-1330.