CLEVELAND, OH--(Marketwire - Mar 7, 2013) - OnShift, the leader in web-based staff scheduling and shift management software for the healthcare industry, today announced the winners of its second annual Scheduler of the Year Awards. This year's winners were selected from over 100 nominations from OnShift customers who are experiencing cost savings, quality improvements, increased staff satisfaction, improved efficiencies and better resident care due to their scheduling and labor management efforts.
The winners lead scheduling activities at skilled nursing, assisted living, and CCRC communities throughout the United States. They were selected due to their dedication and commitment to their employees and organizations; their willingness to go the extra mile to accommodate changing care needs, budget constraints, last minute openings and staff requests; and the stellar results their organizations have experienced under their scheduling leadership.
The winners of the 2012 OnShift Scheduler of the Year Awards are:
- Tina Winchester, Lynwood Healthcare and Rehab Center, Diversicare Management Services
- Christine Hogenkamp, MorseLife
- Starla Floyd, The Manor at Perrysburg, HCF Management, Inc.
- Annalee Munson, East Village Place, Watermark Retirement Communities
- Rachel Primus, Ecumen Bethany Community, Ecumen
- Francisco Rivera, Jr., Willow Valley Retirement Communities
In addition, OnShift is recognizing one scheduler as a "Champion" for growing into a role where she now spearheads scheduling efforts across multiple communities:
- Lora McCloskey, Catholic Health Care Services
"I'm so proud of each of our Scheduler of the Year winners," stated Gene Groys, Founder and EVP, OnShift. "Behind every well-run senior care organization is a stellar scheduler. They don't often get the thanks that they deserve. OnShift is thrilled to honor this year's winners."
The nominations provided a glimpse into the focus, skills and leadership of each scheduler. Typically, colleagues or managers nominated schedulers, offering a range of reasons that they were worthy of winning, including:
- "Her dedication takes a tremendous load off of the DON and myself since we have to answer for our budgets -- good or bad."
- "Residents enjoy a better continuity of care since she keeps our staff stable."
- "Among everything, she trained all staff and enabled us to save hours of hands-on staff time for recruitment. She reduced overtime by 80%."
- "Through this implementation, we have improved productivity, increased revenue and accuracy of daily staffing. We have also seen improved morale. She was so critical in making the shift to OnShift."
- "We have experienced better staffing which in turn allows more quality time spent with the residents, in turn improving their quality of life."
Scheduling and labor management have become top strategies for long-term care and senior living providers to control costs, drive efficiencies and improve quality. With reimbursement cuts and changes in the Affordable Care Act affecting workforces, providers are turning to OnShift to tackle these challenges by providing visibility into staffing, preventing overtime, managing open shifts, and automating key scheduling processes.
Read about the OnShift Scheduler of the Year Awards at www.onshift.com/blog.
About OnShift, Inc.
Long-term care and senior living providers rely on OnShift staff scheduling and shift management software to control labor costs and increase efficiencies so nurses have more time for care. OnShift predicts and prevents overtime and understaffing while dramatically reducing time spent on scheduling and managing open shifts. Fully integrated with time-keeping, HR, clinical and payroll systems, OnShift provides a unified view into staffing levels and labor costs across buildings. Customers choose OnShift because it's the easiest-to-use scheduling solution with a tightly integrated communications platform, delivering fast ROI. For more information visit www.onshift.com.